1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

how much wine can you store in a mooradian case?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by basscate7, May 28, 2012.

1. basscate7

basscate7

Dec 22, 2009
    Bloomington
    While I was out of town my apartment got quite toasty this weekend. A bottle of wine overheated causing the cork to shoot across the room and the bottle of wine to empty. Unfortunately half the bottle emptied on my bass which was under the shelf (the other half on my white carpet...bummer) The bass itself is fine, but long story short, I'm wondering if anyone knows how to get half a bottle's worth of red wine out of a mooradian case?

2. Jazzdogg

Jazzdogg Less barking, more wagging!

Jul 29, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    White wine, followed by Oxyclean.

3. TroyK

TroyK Moderator Staff Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    NikWax Tech Wash (green cap) followed by the one with the purple cap to waterproof it.

4. robobass

robobass

Aug 1, 2005
    Cologne, Germany
    Private Inventor - Bass Capos
    Is there a laundrymat nearby? I had to wash my Moo after a cat incident once and found that the local coin laundy had a super big washer which could accomodate the bag. Just sponging in the bathtub probably won't be adequate.

5. bcarter

bcarter

Sep 11, 2008
    Cleveland, OH
    strap it to the roof of your car (or a friend's car) and run it through a car wash. you might also want to put your bass in the case since the stain was created while the bass was inside the case. it logically follows that the case would be cleaned the same way it was stained. the outcome sometimes does matter which strings and rosin you use. judges may ask you to play the entire battle scene, beethoven 9 K and M, and an inner movement to a mozart symphony on your car stereo. always wear a seat belt.

6. Indybass091

Indybass091

Mar 1, 2009
    In terms of storing wine in a Mooradian case, I have the blue Deluxe edition, which fits about 3 cases worth of Three-Buck Chuck when I need some padding to drive it from Indy to Bloomington.

In regards to removing stains from the case, they might be able to do it at a local cleaner's, as the stain is dried by now.

7. NicholasF

NicholasF Guest

Jan 17, 2012
    Don't take it out, it'll make an awesome story to tell!

8. I should think you could get more in if you took it out of the bottles first.