1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

How much would you pay for a jazz neck?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dirtgroove, Aug 27, 2007.

1. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Title says it all really. My tendons just don't like my p-bass and I'm caught in a bidding war for a neck that is screamig out at me. It's no vintage neck. I'm just curious as to what most people here would pay. (maple 10"radius skunk stripe and oversized headstock)

2. contakt321

contakt321

Jul 31, 2006
    New York, NY
    You should be able to get one on Ebay for under $200. I am about embark on my next P-Body, J-Neck project soon and will be doing the same thing.

3. allexcosta

allexcosta

Apr 7, 2004
  4. You can get a brand new J neck from Warmoth finished the way you like for about $240. They say the quality of a warmoth is much better than Fender necks but some folks just cant live without the Fender logo.

Just thought I'd toss another option at you.

Good luck,

5. JimB52

JimB52 User Supporting Member

May 24, 2007
    East Coast
    I've picked up a few P basses w/ early '70s Jazz necks on eBay for less than $700, could sell the body for $350 or so.
    The discontinued Fender replacement necks are rare used, and usually go for close to $400. Think about buying a whole Jazz and selling the body. Prob. would work out cheaper.
    Jim B