How much would you pay for...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MonsterBass101, Jul 7, 2008.

1. MonsterBass101

MonsterBass101

Mar 3, 2008
    SC
    a Fender Jazz bass autographed by:

John Paul Jones, Geddy Lee, Jaco, Victor Wooten, Dusty Hill, among about 12 others I cant think of.

Well a store in Walt Disney World has one. In downtown disney, in a store called starabilias, there lies THE LEDGENDS OF BASS Bass.

Anyone in the Orlando region should go check it out.

And it Cost..........

A whopping 12000 dollars.

Discuss.

2. Ampeg SVT

Ampeg SVT Son, I am disappoint.

Sep 9, 2006
    What kind of fender jazz? (Mim, MIA, MIJ, etc.)

3. I'd pay the the price for the Jazz plus $5 for a can of goof off. :)

4. MonsterBass101

MonsterBass101

Mar 3, 2008
    SC
    Didnt say. but all the other guitars signed were crappy ibanez gios and epiphones so probably a MIM

5. Ampeg SVT

Sep 9, 2006
    now thats funny

6. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime

Mar 30, 2008
    Florida
    Is that the store that has all the posters signed by people? Last time I was there (for a Clutch concert at the House of Blues) there was a guitar signed by Jimi Hendrix, one signed by The Beatles, a huge things of signatures from every single one of the presidents and a life size Terminator thing. A cool store fo' sho'.

7. won't pay much

8. ausf

ausf

Jun 24, 2008
    New York
    Now if the $12K came with a year's worth of private lessons by them, say one a day from each for a solid month (except Jaco of course) we'd be talkin'.

9. steve66

steve66

Sep 17, 2005
    South Florida
    I think $12,000 is a bit high for a signed off the shelf Fender Jazz.

10. squarewave

squarewave Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA
    If it had been owned by one of them, maybe.

It would be a cool item, but I wouldn't pay more than $1000, as is.

11. MHensleyJr

MHensleyJr Supporting Member

May 5, 2008
    Redlands, CA
    I'd give someone $10. That's about it.

12. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

I almost dropped $1200 for a Geddy Jazz signed by all of Rush. After I realized that I would be paying about $500 for a pickguard with a few autographs, I came to my senses and bought a new Geddy for $700 or so.

If it was played by one of the musicians, I would be interested. By at 12k? Wow.

I would be interested in how they got all of these guys to sign it considering Jaco has been dead for 20 years.

13. I'd carefully scrape about 2mm of the finish off from under the signatures and remove the pickguard, then put them on a bass worth having.

So $0, the cost of a new bass, and a court sentence for vandalism.

14. 6jase5

6jase5 Mammogram is down but I'm working manually

Dec 17, 2007
    San Diego/LA
    +++1 on the goof off, although that might mess up the finish.

I once asked Kurt Vonnegut for an autograph and he said "Why?" After a great 45 minute talk (on a plane) we exchanged autographs (his idea, not that I'm known). I've never wanted another one since it couldn't beat that experience.

sadly, autograph was stolen....but I have the memory!

15. Flounder102Bass

Flounder102Bass

Jul 6, 2008
    i found a lucky one its a Fender USA P Bass color Robins egg Blue for 600$. let me tell you how i got it. i went to guitarcenter and tryin to look for a good Fender USA but they whare too much money and i said i wish i can find one for alease 600$ thats the most i can put up then one day i went to guitarcenter i was sitten down on the chair playin the 1200$ fender bass right wen i was playing the bass i look up and i saw the Bass that i want it the USA for 600$ i thank God so much it was a gift from him.

16. Ampeg SVT

Sep 9, 2006
    :eyebrow:

17. MonsterBass101

MonsterBass101

Mar 3, 2008
    SC
    Yea its a cool store. its got guitars signed by Ozzy, Queen, Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page and Robert Plant, Coldplay, Kiss, The Grateful Dead and many others.

18. savit260

savit260

Mar 6, 2006
    Boston
    I'd pay about 20% less than what ever market value would be for the bass in "as new" condition.

Sorry, Autographs de-value the instrument IMO.

Basses were meant to be played. Want an autograph? Sign an album cover, C.D. sleeve, or a photograph or something. Don't deface a usefull instrument. Just my opinion.

19. And this is relevant...how? :rolleyes:

20. Flounder102Bass

Flounder102Bass

Jul 6, 2008
    how much do you pay for yours

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021