Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

how much????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dr_love2112, Aug 23, 2005.

1. dr_love2112

dr_love2112

May 28, 2005
    baytown texas
    how much is my bass worth???
    fender jazz bass
    2004 fender mim jazz neck with scaller tuners, been defretted/finished in poly by a pro luther. standard jazz pickups. the body is a adler/flamed (stripes perpendcual to the grain) red wood finished in tung.

2. Shawnost

Shawnost It's all about the Hamiltons baby! Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Huntersville, NC
    Ebay is usually a good place to get a decent estimate for used bass value.

Shawn

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    $250, $300 maybe.

4. Depends a lot on the quality of the defret and the quality of the flame. Is the flame real or photo? Do you have any pictures? I would assume 300-600 depending on quality. Who built the body?

5. dr_love2112

dr_love2112

May 28, 2005
    baytown texas
    the flame is real...and the body...i dont know but when i got it it wasnt finished or nothing. the defret job is great, no dead spot, low spots, high spots and the neck is stright!!!

6. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Well...it's a parts bass from the look of things. Resale on such basses aren't usually terribly high, you're more likely to get more for the parts than the whole.

7. You may be able to get more if you were to take it a part, but really an essentially MIM Jazz parts bass is no more than $300, but more likely closer to $200 even with the upgraded parts.

8. RobertUI

RobertUI Thumper Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Herndon, VA - NoVa
    +1

I've been watching a lot of parts basses on eBay lately, and the market seems pretty low for them. The PARTS however, seem to be going UP, so you might be best off selling it in pieces.