1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

How often do you eat ice cream?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Jan 19, 2012.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Howdy friends,

How often do you eat ice cream? I rarely keep it in the house. Its one of those foods for me, thats very easy to finish a single container in one siting. As of late, its pretty much only if I am out to eat and if dessert is going to be shared by all. I love ice cream!!!

2. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Ice Cream and I had a long, and passionate affair for many years. Sadly, I had to break it off.

Oh, sometimes I will indulge in a small fling, but no way is Ice Cream coming home with me.

I WILL get in proper shape, God help me.

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Same here MM. I get those small single serving containers. I usually don't care either way about ice cream, but during Christmas season I can't get enough of the peppermint/candy cane ice cream.

-Mike

4. LarryO

LarryO

Apr 4, 2004

5. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I very rarely do. Because I get a tad lactose intolerant. But WHEN I do, it's gotta be pistachio with some maraschino cherries on top of it.

6. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    I'll have it maybe 4-6 times a year - more often during the summer months. I do like it quite a bit, but I'm a slight health nut and will (usually) avoid unhealthy foods whenever possible.

7. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

It's a Daughter Papa thing. When I get her, we go there first. I get a seriously unhealthy ( like 800 calories type of WTH!! ) Cappuccino Blast made with jamocha ice cream. She gets a single scoop vanilla waffle cone. Baskin' Robbins.
    It's year round so twice a month.

I'm a sucker for a good Butter Pecan ice cream. I'll get a quart maybe 2 times a year.

8. Not much ice cream for me, but lately I've really been into frozen custard.

9. BogeyBass

BogeyBass

Sep 14, 2010
    Ahh man, I am a real sucker for ice cream.

Especially since I shop at Grocery Outlet stores and they always have incredible huge buckets of it for really cheap.

So when I buy it ..... I eat it every night

Lieutenant Dan ice cream, Lieutenant Dan ice creaaaam, Lieutenant Dan ice cream. LOL!

10. jaywa

jaywa

May 5, 2008
    Iowa City, IA
    If it's offered to me I'll take it but it's not something I seek out or constantly have in the house.

It has really gotten expensive and neither wifey or I love it enough that it's something we can't do without. Plus, wifey is gluten intolerant and not all ice cream brands meet that requirement,

Good frozen custard, OTOH, is the shiznit and while that is also expensive it's harder for me to turn down.

11. bassthumpersf

bassthumpersf

May 30, 2010
    With a spoon.

12. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Not often though when I do I don't have any moderation. Buying a pint pretty much ensures that it won't last a half hour.

13. Geroi Asfalta

Geroi Asfalta

Aug 23, 2011
    I don't go for it very often. Maybe once a month or two, I'll chase down the ice cream truck. It's been the same family for 20 years going around the neighborhood. They've known me forever.

14. never, i'm vegan. I do miss the taste though, and it was my #1 go-to when I was having an emotional issue.

15. This has to be the craziest question I've heard all week!!!

I usually only eat Ice cream in the summer form the the convenient store, so single servings. I hardly have Ice cream in the fridge. I live in Japan and they usually only have cartons of vanilla, chocolate, and maybe strawberry. Sometimes I'll buy Filipino ice cream just to have something different, but that's 20 bucks a carton. Back home in California, my moms always had Ice cream in the fridge.

16. Only with cake or on boardwalks these days. Gotta get in the mood for it. My go-to snack is two apple Nutri-Grains and a glass of milk... crazy delicious.

17. jordy_on_bass

jordy_on_bass

Jul 6, 2010
    Australia
    Once every couple months I usually get a craving and go buy some, but it's not a part of my regular diet. Same thing goes with chocolate too, it's when I get cravings. Funnily enough, when I get the craving for one I usually get the craving for the other too...

18. bobba66

bobba66

May 18, 2006
    Arlington, Texas
    I'm currently using ice cream as a bridge to sobriety. It's worked for me in the past so.....

19. FretlessMainly

FretlessMainly

Nov 17, 2010
    A small amount almost every night. 5' 11" 175 lbs. My digestive system consists of a paper towel tube that connects my stomach to my bunghole. If I eat a blueberry muffin at 10 AM, I'm looking at whole blueberries at 11:15 AM.

Sorry for the details, but I'm sure that someone here is actually interested in this.

20. Rune Bivrin

Rune Bivrin Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Huddinge, Sweden
    I only eat ice cream when there's a party. But on the other hand, when I have ice cream it's a party!

So, basically every evening, and sometimes during the day as well. Plain vanilla, chocolate chip, maple walnut and my absolute vice: home made liqourice ice cream! Yummy!

Every Friday evening at about 20:00 the ice cream truck stops just outside our house, plays an excerpt of the Laurel & Hardy signature and opens for business. Me and the kids are out in a flash!