How often do you use profanity ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Feb 23, 2005.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Is it a part of your spoken language daily or is it a slip of the tongue for you in a moment of fustration. Keep it Clean ;) , thanks.
  2. It's the 15 year old potty mouth. I'll use it when I'm quoting someone, in front of my friends, or if I drop something on my foot, but I've been trying to watch my mouth more and more...
  3. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Every frickin' waking moment. It goes over well with my flippin' corporate clientele. Those mother-rakers!

Sometimes it gets to the point much more quickly than a long polite phrase. During the course of my day I rarely use it except among friends and typically don't use it then.
  4. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    I used to curse so much it would make a sailor blush. However, I've cleaned up a bit since then because I realized it was making me sound like an idiot. Now I do it only for emphasis or genuine disgust. I'm also able to watch my mouth better, none of that around little kids or gramma.
  5. I use profanity pretty much everyday. I've managed to tone it down lately, and don't use it as much, but it's pretty much become part of my daily language.
  6. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Used to use it as normal language. 10 months ago when i met my girlfriend, i , for the most part stopped. I usually only curse nnow when it slips or if im emotional about something.
  7. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Depends on what crowd I'm with. :)

With the doctors and engineers, "never".

With my wife, "rarely", 'cause she's a little sensitive to that kind of thing (she has to deal with wayward adolescents every day).

With my musical buds, "all the time". 'Cause they understand that stuff, and the cynical humor behind it.

Profanity, is all in the eye of the beholder. :D

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I know someone who used " Fricken" whille preaching and alot of eyebrows went up :eek:. I admit i was a little taken back on it too :D
  9. bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    I used to use profanity a lot, until I met my wife. Now I use it constantly just to keep up with her. Man, I love my wife. :D
  10. At work... always

At home... sometimes

cursing is just another word. I never really cursed until I was 18, then shop work got to me :p

I use it with my parents, boss... everyone. There is a difference between a word in a conversation and using agression with it
  11. fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    I use it more than I should. I never do with parents but when I'm with my friends I do a pretty good bit.
  12. i rarely curse, whenever I'm around my friends it will sometimes slip
  13. I swear a lot when I talk to my friends back home, while here at college I try to be a little more articulate, although I revert in certain situations (i.e. parties). I'm pretty good at keeping it clean when I have to though. The one thing that sends me into swearing fits is playing Madden football...if you've ever played and been on the wrong end of a costly fumble, I bet you know what I mean. :p
  14. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    The first thing I saw when I wake up every day is "**** Why did i ******* have to wake the **** up this ******* ****** day"

I then go on with my day saying "James! How the **** are you, you ******* piece of ****!"

When I go to class "Aww **** not More ******* homework!
    What the **** is your problem lady? What you mean get out? Go **** yourself you DUMB MOTHER******* ****!"

Then I go home, etc...
  15. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I use profanity profoundly periodically. :D
  16. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    2 adverbs inn a row? Idk.

I use profound profanity periodically?
  17. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Every day...

mainly the F word... like "F.... i dont wanna go." stuff like that.
  18. Context dependent. I can be crude as humanly possible, or I can sound like the most pure little angel. Changes from situation to situation.

19. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    About every %@$#^@ third word.
  20. tkarter

Jan 1, 2003
    Used to work in a factory. That means myself and everyone else every other word. Now moved on and If I do it is a slip of the tongue or back in a similar environment to that factory.

Never felt good about it since I really do know better. Have never really found an intelligent way of expressing myself using it that wouldn't make me appear the dummy.