Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How often does a battery in a digital watch need to be replaced?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Mar 24, 2005.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I have been wearing the same Casio Telememo 30 watch for almost 5 years and before that i think it was in a box for 2 years, do you think it is time for a new battery?. I am wondering how much life is left in the battery since the indigo light is not stay as brightly lite for the few secods as it used to, can these batterys be changed by someone other then a watch reapair tech?.Thanks

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Well, changing it depends on the watch. Some have a screw off back which needs a special tool, and some have a pop off back. Most stores will not work on a watch unless you bought it from them.

3. Walmart or the like will change your battery for less than 10 bucks. It's pretty painless. I think your battery is nearing the end of its lifespan

4. MAJOR METAL

5. Oftentimes a jeweler will do it, but will tell you that since the seal is broken, it's no longer waterproof (now just water resistant)

Get a lithium replacement. It'll prolly last longer than the original. 12 bucks tops out the door.

6. MAJOR METAL

Will their be any other indications that that battery is about to give out before it does ?.

7. Well, if you switch between modes, the display may lag a bit, or the light won't light, other than that, not really...one day the screen will just go pfffft.

8. MAJOR METAL

After several days at reduced power the battery lost its fight against time late this morning, it was 7 years old.

:bag: :D

9. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    *shrug* I always had my dad replace mine for me when I had a digital watch. Probably the biggest pain was getting the wrist band back on!