Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How often...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by The Antipop, Jan 7, 2004.

1. do you check the Equipement Wanted section on talkbass? I was just browsing through there and noticed alot of people had no or few replies.

Could this just be no one has or is willing to see what others want

or

does no one really check it all that much?

sorry, just trying to help out some bassists in need

2. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    I check it every day so I can see every single deal I miss out on. It sucks having no job :(

3. ChildoftheKorn

ChildoftheKorn

May 21, 2003
    IL
    im in the same boat as nick but hopefully changing that soon since ive got an build up of GAS heh

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Same.

5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I have a squad of elite minions that check it for me.

6. I check it once in the morning and once in the evening everyday. I seen alot of nice stuff go through there...but nothing i wanted to go after yet. :)

7. i traded some stuff i check it often but never have money, when i do ill be looking for a badass 2 bridge or a hipshot xtender

8. I check it atleast 5-6 times a day and see what I'm missing out on. I've bought a Badass V from TB and I've traded it and a DOD Chorus Pedal in the For Sale forums too. Also got my Hartke 410VX from the TB forsale ads.

9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I check it third every time I come to Talkbass. Paul's Shack is 1st, and the Lounge is second.

10. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
  11. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Yeah.:D But from there I go to Misc to do my Mod job, and then start at Basses and go down.

12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I check it several times a day as well. I am after a couple things, and I would prefer to buy it from another TB'er.

-Mike

13. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Isn't the key word here : "Talk" ?

I come here to talk about bass and music related stuff - a lot of the web is about buying and selling and it is nice to come here and get away from that.

Having been here for many years - it was always about a community of players, talking.

14. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Most stuff is in the US so I don't bother.

15. I don't know why anyone would check the Gear Wanted section unless they were selling something ;)

The For Sale section, now that's a different story.

16. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Well Bruce, then I won't ask you if you want to sell me a cabinet then. j/k :D

-Mike