How old do you think I am?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by moley, Aug 4, 2003.

1. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    It seems that some people here have been under the illusion that I'm of quite a different age than I really am... Presumably, people who haven't checked my profile, because my DOB has always been on there ;)

How old do you guys think I am? If you don't already know, post what age you think I am before you check :D

Anyone else I don't know about willing to put their hand up and say that until they checked, they were way out on their estimation of my age? :D

And how many of you checked my profile way back when, and thus haven't fallen into such a trap? ;)
  2. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    I always got the 19-20 vibe from you. I never checked, I rarely check profiles for age. I let people's words decide the maturity level at which I see them.

How old do you think I am?
  3. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    I always thought you were 16, which it seems you are :) That was because I checked your profile way back, rather than from what you say. Going on what you say, I might well have assumed you were older.
  4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    around 11. but i think you're very mature for your age :)
  5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

But you are actually 21. You seem so much older.
  6. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    I though about 19, I'm certain we were talking about going to uni this year one time :meh: :confused:
  7. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    I'm going back to uni this year. I'll be a 4th year.
  8. [​IMG]

you look really old for your age. :confused:

9. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    People get the wrong age vibe from you moley because you seriously are Lindfieldian age in maturity(not saying lindfield is mature at all :p but you get the idea)

but also because you and Duece gigafield often have little back and forths discussing and nitpicking theory and things that only big kids talk about ;) people that might be newer to the site, think "this is one of the big kids" and then they look in your profile and think "twenty whu!??!"

bob doley, you are a good person, and I'm glad to have you around on TB.

Ed McGann has also tricked me in his age, I thought he was 17 going on 18(11 days at the time of this writing)
  10. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I am too old for this thread.
  11. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    We would need to see a picture to guess as accuratly as we would like to. We have a pretty good idea of what you look like already though.
  12. wow, I always thought you were like 40-50. I don't know why, maybe because of the Hans Moleman avatar. But know I know the truth...
  13. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I never thought about it.
  14. I always thought 20-25 (enough room for possibilities :D)
  15. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I always assumed you were younger than me, but I didn't realize you were that much younger.
  16. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Forty-two! Eleventy-seven! -6!
  17. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Way too young to be as knowledgable and mature as you obviously (to anyone who has debated you;)) are.
  18. I think you are twice your actual age divided by 2.
  19. fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Hmmm, can you grow a beard? I'm kidding, this thread just sounded eerily familiar. I had to.
  20. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Well I must say that I was under the impression that only 14/15 year olds were still into the Simpsons!! ;)