Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How old is this amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mr. Zebraface, May 29, 2003.

1. Hello, I was looking at this Peavey amp on Ebay, and the guy says that he has owned it 4 years, but he bought it second hand from a shop. So could some1 give me an estimate on how old it is, and also if it's a decent amp. I know the whole reputation about Peavey, but I do need something cheap and loud.

Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2534440072&category=10171

2. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    Somewhere in the past ten years (I would think). It's obviously not later than 1999, when the seller picked it up, and looks like the a more recent styling than the Peavey TKO I bought new in 1989.

That's a bit vague, but how it's been used and looked are probably more important than the age. Based on the TNT's I have tried, I'd expect it to be a pretty solid little amp - for comparison a new one would cost you about £490 here.

Wulf

3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I suppose the comment about shipping next day, by TNT was obligatory!! ;)

4. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    To be sure, you have to cut it in half and count the rings. :D

5. Bump.

I'd just like to know what you think a good price would be for it....I'm can only really go to about £180-200 max.

Cheers!