1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

How old where you when you had your ear/s pierced?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Apr 3, 2013.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

How old where you when you had an ear or 2 pierced? I've never had either ear pierced.

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    17 (in 1985) wore one for a few years, can't even tell it was ever pierced now.

3. I got my left ear pierced when I was 18. It was 1983, and beleive it or not, at that time it was still considered somewhat radical for a guy to have a pierced ear.

4. 22 I believe. way more painful than my tattoos. lol

5. Rune Bivrin

Rune Bivrin Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Huddinge, Sweden
    Must have been when I was 13 and heard "Bastille Day" by Rush for the first time. Man, has Geddy's voice mellowed since then...

6. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

21 or 22. Early 80's. GF made me do it. I was one of the very few in my town to have one.

7. BBox Bass

BBox Bass Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2011
    NW Pennsylvania
    I was 10 when I got the first pair, late teens-early 20s for the other 12 holes.

8. Thick McRunfast

Thick McRunfast Not just good, good enough

Sep 30, 2012
    Portland, Oregon USA
    16 and dad did not respond well. But that was part of the reason I did it.

Was not well received when I joined the military a couple of years later either.

9. 4dog

4dog

Aug 18, 2012
    I remember , it was still taboo, try growing up in Texas in the 80's and having 2in left ear 1 in right, no matter what you were gonna catch crap, i wish i had a dollar for every comment, headslap, and threat of bodily harm, its funny but at 47, i STILL have to deal with some of that, its a mad world.

10. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

I don't know if it has something to do with fashion trends but does it seem like less men are piercing their ears?

11. 4dog

4dog

Aug 18, 2012
    Wussies all of em, i used to tell the guys that gave me flack, "it takes bigger castanets to have earrings in Texas , than to give me crap about it." Totally disarmed them, well most of em anyway, lol

12. When I was 16 because this girl I had the hots for said it would look good.

Had to get the manly points with her as well, so, I just took of of the stud earrings she had and jammed in through my ear by hand.

Soon as she was gone, it was gone. Man, I was such a slave to my hormones..

13. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    I don't remember now, but mid-nineties...I'm guessing I was around 23. Both ears are still pierced.

14. handofseven

handofseven Soaking up the cathode rays...

Mar 23, 2010
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I got 3 when I was 13 (1984).

2 more at 15.

I still have 3.

15. StevieMac

StevieMac

Mar 17, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    21. Still wearing one in each ear today at 47.

16. Musiclogic

Musiclogic Commercial User

Aug 6, 2005
    Southwest Michigan
    Owner/Builder: HJC Customs USA, The Cool Lute, C G O
    15, 1981, first in my school, by Graduation in 83, half the guys had a pierced ear. Still have the same gold hoop I started wearing after the initial started stud healed

17. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Nevar!

18. eyeballkid

eyeballkid

Jul 19, 2009
    about 35.
    I grew up in the punk scene and watched waaaay too many piercings get ripped out accidentally in the pit at shows accompanied by spraying blood that I waited til I knew I wasn't gonna be in that craziness to do it. now I got some nice ol double zero horn spirals in there.

19. UncleFluffy

UncleFluffy

Mar 8, 2009
    California
    Head Tinkerer, The Flufflab
    16, though I don't wear them now.

20. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    I think I was 14 when I pierced my left ear around 1985. Haven't worn any type of jewelry for decades now.