Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How organized are you?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MJ5150, Sep 15, 2005.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Some people use a PDA, some people use a notepad, some people use a day planner, some people rely on their memory, some people find other methods, and others just don't bother with any method of staying organized.

What works best for you?

Me.....I go with the notepad approach and set alarms in my cell phone to remind me of appointments.

-Mike

2. simpy1

simpy1

Mar 31, 2005
    New Zealand
    I'm very organised, I use a wall planner and get everything done days before it's due. Also for important things I set alarms into my cellphone.

Also, I write lots of notes on my hand, and end up with a very blue hand sometimes.......

3. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I use my cellphone to notify me for important matters. I also stick notes on my door or lay a very big note on my clothes so the first thing I see in the morning is that note.

4. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I have a secretary so just sorta rely on her to organise me!

5. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    I have all my tasks scheduled on my computer at work. For other things like Dr. appointments, I rely on my wifes memory. She's the one with her s*** together, not me.

6. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    All my work appointments are scheduled in Lotus Notes so I have alarms to remind of meetings. I have one of those day timer things but I don't use it enough.

Oh yeah, stickies too. Lots of stickies. :)

[edit]
    My wife reminds me of my Dr. appointments too. :p

7. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    I'm as unorganized and chaotic sometimes as it gets. :p

Stick papers up, reminders on cell phone, but mostly just plain memory.
    usually don't have much to do besides daily things, and I tend to organize them so as to handle the most possible with the least possible trips and in the least time (that is, I plan a route so as to have most of the things done along the way, like on my way to point C, I jump in to A, and then on to do B meanwhile... hope some can understand what I'm trying to say, I'm still recovering from my exams.. :ninja: )

8. My memory!
    But sometimes it hurts.....

9. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    I'm TERRIBLE at being organised.

I always try to be, but it never works.. I think lazyness comes into play as well.

10. It's hard to explain... I live in an organized mess. Everything is all over the floor, but I know right where it is. :p

11. I used my PDA for personal, job & school appointments and data; and Outlook calendar on the work computer for job functions. I also use lots of sticky notes in visible locations and daily outlines on a pad of paper about what I need to do that day.

However, overall, I am very disorganized. I haven't seen the top of my 3 desks for almost a year. 18 months ago I took a government job as a mid-level bureaucrat after 30 years of self-employment. My level of disorganization works ok when I am the boss, but it leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to being a government paper shuffler. My salvation is to keep as much correspondence as possible by email. Somehow, I manage to generate and answer emails promptly, create a useful computer filing system for them and file them promptly the next morning. But it is a continual struggle to keep up with things. I am hoping to get to more of an "independent judgement" type of position so that I don't have to shuffle as much paper.

12. Check, check and re-check.

I've got my calendar information on my Apple laptop. I don't do anything without checking my availability. In some instances, it makes me look snotty. "Let me check my calendar" - like I'm some kind of high powered yuppie. Truth is, I've just become so dependent on it, I don't really rely on my memory when someone asks if I want to go to dinner on Saturday. :rollno:

My laptop is synch'd with my phone and work computer using isync. Changes made on the fly are updated flawlessly! Interestingly enough, I have no trouble remembering events and things that I've already done. Handy if I ever get called for jury duty?

If it's not in my laptop, it's on a sticky note waiting to get entered on my laptop. Lists are a big part of my life. If I can check something off, then I'm happy. I try not to fill my list with things like "breathe" :D

13. That too..... some parts of my life are just like this.

14. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    This usually works for me. Until my wife comes along and 'tidies it up out of existence'. :D

15. I don't really do anything or have any responsibilities, so it doesn't come up that often!

16. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003

17. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I'm pretty organized, almost entirely memory. Only thing I write down are phone numbers. Other than that, I'm good to go.

18. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i have everything i need to do on my laptop... so it works..

plus... im in college... so there is not much that i NEED to do, besides go to class

19. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    Well, I keep a notepad in my pocket and have post-it's all around me at my desk..

But my house and car are disaster areas....no organization there.....

Maybe I should sort the empty fast food bags in the backseat floor of my car by date and restaurant....

:p

20. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    LOL :D