How r schectors?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bigBbass451, Jun 12, 2004.

1. bigBbass451

Apr 9, 2004
    Hey i was just thinking about buying an inexpensive schector bass. Does anyone have any input? how they sound? how durable they are? or anything like that? thanks!!!!
  2. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Bah, silly spammer. You posted the exact same thing about spectors.. Oy vey.
  3. If you can't say anything nice...
  4. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Hmmmm.....not sure why we're been so harsh on the guy. Maybe I mised something.

Anyway, I played a friend's beat up, bottom of the line Dimaond Series 4-string (I think it's a "C-4"?) and was actually impressed with the playability, construction, and especially the tone. The one I played had a nice vintage, warm tone to it and it played quite well. I was surprised at how much I liked the thing. Granted, the tone was not terribly versatile, but the tonal characteristics it possessed were quite surprising to me, especially from such a relatively low end bass.
  5. TampaBlues

Oct 28, 2002
    Tampa, Florida
    No doubt, who really cares if the guy asked the same question last week about a different brand! I myself have interest in many different brands. The guy is looking for a new Bass and if a guy can't get answers to his questions about some Basses that interest him, what is the point of having a forum? If that bothers you cut the guy a break and don't click on his thread.

Now about the schecters. I have owned an AB-5 and also an Elite 5 and both were very well constructed and overall good instruments. I only sold them because I learned I prefer a wider string spacing in my 5 strings.

This one looks very tempting though:

It's a new model the... CV5.

It's going to have Duncan designed pickups with a Duncan EQ with a slap switch. Also a hipshot A style bridge. Which I believe will give it a wider string spacing as well as a thru body or top loaded string option.
  6. bigBbass451

Apr 9, 2004
    Hey take it easy you guys i posted the same thing because i'm curiouse about both basses......chill out man!
  7. papasote

Feb 1, 2003
    I own an Schector Diamond series Elite 4. I think it has excellent tonal qualtiy and is very versatile, contrary to other opinions on file.
  8. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    I agree!
  9. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Atleast change more than one word in the post :mad:
  10. lucasbm

Oct 25, 2004
    I have owned my C-4 for about a month now and I have had NO complaints. The Shector case on the other had is a large piece of crap. The case (NOT THE BASS) seems like it was made cheap.
  11. tiefling

Aug 19, 2003
    Washington DC
    you missed a 's'.

12. phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Schector = Schecter + Spector?
  13. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Who brought this back to life :eyebrow:

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I have the Robert Deleo model up for sale in the for sale forum.
  15. schecters are excellent. Us schecter owners are some thrifty, tasteful mofos, (and modest, too!). Especially us stilletto studio owners. :)
  16. my schecter omen 5 just came in the mail yesterday and i love it. excellent bass, especially for $400.
  17. i wouldnt suggest it the frets are very out of tune and the strings are place very very close to gether and is very hard to play other basses after getting used to their basses
  18. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Frets out of tune eh?
  19. I don't know about that, but you can't expect all these remarkably cheap mass produced Korean basses to have perfect fretwork. For the prices theses basses are sold for, though, you could have the frets worked on professionally and you'd still be saving.

edit: I do agree that they should offer wider necks for their 5 and sixers. I'm used to the narrow spacing, but if I played a lot of slap stuff I would probably stay away.
  20. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I really like my Elite 4. Nice action, super fast neck, and has a really nice sound for what I play. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another bass made by Schecter. :D