1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How rare is my Westone super headless fretless LH

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tom Bernauer, Jul 26, 2018.

1. When I bought this bass, it had to be ordered at the factory, because there was no production line for it, the salesman said. That is why I wonder if there are people having this model. Righthanded players are free to reply too. The thing is, that I find the sound a bit too light. Comparing to modern basses like I heard on the Don Henley live dvd, it is really disappointing. Can anyone give me some advise to get near that sound?

Attached Files:

2. christpncher

christpncher

Mar 25, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    First ive ever seen, looks cool

3. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Fusion Cats Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    It’s a beautiful bass.
    If you don’t like the sound, first try changing the way you EQ your amp.
    Otherwise consider changing the pickups or the preamp.

4. As I read before, the tone control in active mode is not very usefull, so I mostly use the passive mode. I replaced the pickup switch wth a panpot, it gives more tone control. Changing the electronics for a 3 band eq seems interesting.

5. I have an old Westone that's nearly identical, but not fretless. If your electronics are anything like mine, you should be able to get a very wide range of sounds. Your knob layout appears to be similar to mine. It has active electronics. Have you checked the batteries? If I recall correctly, one of the switches allows you to bypass the active electronics. I'll have to get mine out when I get home.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 19, 2021