1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

HOW RICC FIERABRACCI DOES IT?

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by mantaraya, Sep 21, 2008.

1. mantaraya

mantaraya

Apr 10, 2007
    hi all folks. i ve heard ric fierabraccis perfromance in yannis "live at the acroplolis". and theres one litle thing wich caught my attention. in "within attraction " number 7 track like in 4:03 aprox he makes a move kind of slide. BUT WHAT A SLIDE. it sounds to me like a harleys davidson starting to blast the road. its one of a kind move. havent seen it. if someone knows it please let me know. i am dying to know that.

2. bottomzone

bottomzone

Oct 21, 2005
  3. mantaraya

mantaraya

Apr 10, 2007
    thanks man but sorry couldnt find it. still in my serch. let me know if you find that out

4. I've seen that video. I've always wondered how he did that. In this Prosound video. it looks like he rakes across the strings from the G string up to the E string with his middle finger of the right hand while at the same time muting with his index finger on the same hand. Try it like that and then try it with just one finger raking. On the Yanni video, when he finishes the rake, he slides down the E string with his left hand. That's where that growl that you were talking about comes from. Hope this helps.

5. Never mind the middle finger rake. He's not doing that. He may be raking with his pinky or ring finger near the bridge but it's hard to tell. Just going to try it every way and see what happens.

6. CiRRuS~BaSS

CiRRuS~BaSS

Jan 20, 2008
    ive also wondered how he did that since i heard it. ive been able to (sort of) imitate the sound by barring the 12th fret B thru G (five stringer) and raking across them from G down, and then of course sliding. Granted its probably not how he does it exactly but its close enough for me until i can do the real thing.

7. He rakes close to the bridge with his pinky and mutes with the index. After about 100 tries, I managed to do it once! LOL! It's a nice effect if you can pull it off!