Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How Should I Connect This?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by darkfish01, Jan 2, 2006.

1. darkfish01

darkfish01

Feb 11, 2005
    San Marcos, Tx
    Ok, so right now I have an OLP MM2 and a Behringer BX3000T head, as well as a BDI21 Preamp/Stompbox that I use for overdrive. I recently ordered Behringer Chorus and Limiter Enhancer pedals, and I was wondering in what order these should go for optimal performance. Thanks!

2. IcedEarthWOM

IcedEarthWOM

Oct 2, 2005
    I'd go:
    OLP MM2 -> BDI21 -> Limiter -> Chorus -> BX3000T

I'm not sure about the limiter/chorus order but definatly put the chorus AFTER the OD. Otherwise you'll distort the chorus which will sound cr**tacular bacause chorus creates notes just a little out of tune with the notes you play.

3. i dunno what to tell you about connecting it, i think what icedearthWOM said sounds good. but i was wondering how that BDI21 sounds and what it does, im gonna get one relaly soon to expand my tonal playing and im wondering how it does its job

4. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    Put the chorus in the fx loop and the distortion in front of the preamp.

:D

Joe.

Edit:Limiter/Enhancer - Try it and see if it sounds better before the distortion or after. I'm thinking after.

5. darkfish01

darkfish01

Feb 11, 2005
    San Marcos, Tx
    Ok I'll try that. Now, if I were to use the BDI21 as a DI Out (which I do for church), THEN how would I order it?

6. IcedEarthWOM

IcedEarthWOM

Oct 2, 2005
    Clean DI????

7. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    Well, as long as you weren't concerned with using the other effects, just run the di out to the board without the distortion on.

If you want to use your effects you are in for a bit of a chore.

Run them all before the di and split from the di to the board and to the amp.

BUT you will change (positively or negatively will be up to you to decide) how the effects sound through the amp.

However, you may like it like that.

Just do some experimenting.

Good luck!

:D

Joe.

8. darkfish01

darkfish01

Feb 11, 2005
    San Marcos, Tx
    I would set the knobs so that it would get a Fat Tube sound, so basically a clean DI.

9. IcedEarthWOM

IcedEarthWOM

Oct 2, 2005
    OK, then to go DI the order should be:

Bass -> Limiter/Chorus (whichever order sounds best to you) -> DI

That assumes that your useing the DI for your "amp", which from the quoted post seems to be the case.

--Dan

10. darkfish01

darkfish01

Feb 11, 2005
    San Marcos, Tx
    I'm diggin having the Limiter before the Chorus. Thanks guys! :bassist:

By the way, if you're strapped for cash but still want sweet effects, these Behringer pedals are actually pretty nice!