Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How stupid they think we are????

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by adisu, Oct 17, 2005.

1. adisu

adisu I admit it, I'm a "user"

Apr 8, 2005
    Israel
    Did anybody bumped into this advertisement??
    It says:
    "If I can show you a way of mastering the most notoriously difficult Bass guitar skill ever known to man, the very same skill Pro's use to play spine tingling lead guitar, incredible lush sounding chords, tear inducing riffs and the ability to jam like they were born riding a guitar in less than 60 minutes guaranteed...

...how would you react?

you can read the all thing HERE

This is so pathetic, I don't belive anybody is stupid enough to believe this thing... :scowl:

The funniest promise they give is "...become very popular with everyone, especially the opposite sex!" :D :D
    :eek:

2. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    Wow

First off, he put Kurt Cobain in the same league as Steve Vai.... :eyebrow:

I'm rather speechless aside from that....just wow

One these TBers with a lotta cash lying around should make use of his money back guarantee and tell us what this guy is trying to feed us.

This certainly doesn't sound too good to be true.... :rolleyes:

3. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Wow, I read half way down the page and then quit. This types of things are marketed to those people who have sat for years dreaming about being a musician, but never made that dream a reality. I wish people would realize that it takes years of dedication to become an accomplished musician; there are no short cuts.

.....Well, at least Esteban is a little better. :D

4. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    but dude......slaiter promises

he'd never break a promise, surely not...

:smug:

5. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    One of the best reads I've had in a while. I'd love to see what his secret is, but even if I had the money to just throw away, I can't imagine giving that man a penny even to satisfy my own curiosity.

6. ladros2

ladros2

Jun 2, 2005
    Ireland
    Somebody did that a while ago and posted the results, it was just a strange way of learning note positions.

"...play any chord in any shape anywhere on the guitar neck in the speed of light"

:D

7. Well thats good, I thought this was just s sham to get our money. :rolleyes:

8. I find it funny that Kurt Cobain pretty much ripped off Sonic Youth in guitar playing, and they called him a genius.

Kurt and Sonic Youth rub drumsticks against the strings.

Genius to me, but to your average stereotypical wanker guitar player, you'd just get laughed or screamed at.

9. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Reading that kind of makes me want to cry.

In fact, it really makes me want to cry.

10. ""FANTASTIC!!! YOUVE MADE ME INTO A ROCK GOD!"
    --Tom Barnes, Taunton"

*who* from *where*? I wonder if anyone is THIS stupid.

11. adisu

adisu I admit it, I'm a "user"

Apr 8, 2005
    Israel
    Here is another quote from the end of the advertisement

"Because for a limited time... how limited I don't know... you can get the system for just $27.99... that's right! Less than a night out on the town or 1 hour of guitar instruction...

And remember... you're covered with my no-questions-asked guarantee...

Face it... you have absolutely nothing to lose, do you?"

Duh, 27.99 dollar on this wonky system is more than too much money to lose.

12. Is it safe to say that the quality of the product reflects the quality/level of professionalism of the webpage? :p

13. DaftCat

DaftCat

Jul 26, 2004
    Medicine Hat
    Let's have some fun. Someone post some really strange questions and I'll fire off an email(please try and keep it clean). I can post the responses here.

DCat

14. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Five bucks says the CD's have green undersides, stuff like this and Funkychops are horrid.

15. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    o.. uhm how is this different than CAGED chords, or uhm just learning the freaking fretboard?

I think I got the same tip in Willis' 101 tips the Pro's use.. don't laugh... it's a good book.. I love it *L*