How tall are you?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DanGouge, Apr 11, 2002.

1. Under 5'

0 vote(s)
  2. 5' - 5'5"

20 vote(s)
  3. 5'6" - 5'11"

120 vote(s)
  4. 6' - 6'5"

156 vote(s)
  5. 6'6" - 6'11"

13 vote(s)
  6. Over 7'

6 vote(s)
  1. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Just wondering. I'm 6'7" so I get comments all the time like "you should play basketball" (which I don't)...
  2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    If a short person asks, ask 'em if they play miniature golf. :D

I'm 6'2"
  3. JP Bassman

JP Bassman

Jun 18, 2001

i get the basketball thing too, but i just look at them and laugh - a pudgy white guy playing bball now thats funny :D
  4. 5' 11" . Just about right. Plus I'm about 205lbs now. I'm pretty much Joe Average. So just about everything fits me perfectly.
  5. About 5'10. And 150 pounds.
  6. Hint

Nov 20, 2001
    The Loony Bin.
    just tall enough
  7. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Did we read the same thing? I read that thing somewhere. thought it was funny. I'm 6'8. get the basketball thing all the time.. People need to think of better things to ask than that. They should know everyones first thought when they see a tall thin guy is "does he play basketball?" It gets old after awhile... 6'8 225lbs.. i guess i kinda look like a basketball player.. but i'm not
  8. I'm 6 feet tall and weigh 124 lbs. :eek:
  9. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Im 6"3 and im 15. My girlfreind is 16 and she is up to my shoulders :p . Yes, i get the basketball thing aswell. I always say "I dont play because I cant jump and i dont seee the point of throwing a ball in a ring". I mean ill play B-Ball by myself at home, but I much Rather Aussie Rules footy.
  10. Emerald_gasH

Sep 17, 2000
    i'm 5 feet nothing:D i guess i might look like a dwarf to you tall people...but you know whats funnier, i have friends who are shorter than me:eek:
  11. 6'2", 200 lbs even. I don't get the basketball question, I get the "You should play football" question. Which is weird, cause I thought the steriotypical football player had no neck.:D

Rock on
  12. ConTraBajisTa

ConTraBajisTa Guest

Oct 5, 2000
    auburn, ny
    i hope i'm not the shortest one... 5ft 1/4 inch.

funny, because a few years ago i was 5ft 1/2 inch.

i think i'm shrinking.

i'm about 103 lbs (just got weighed the other day). i'm PETITE, not short.
  13. Dumfish

Oct 6, 2001
    Santa Rosa, Ca
    Holy ****! Wow man. I thought I was on the un-heavy side at 5'10" and 130 lbs.
  14. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    6ft1in 180lbs. I'm 15. I used to get the "you should play basketball" on occasion a rarity was "you should play football" the lastest i've been asked about 3-4 times is "Do you wrestle?" None of the people that ask me know me, those who know i play bass know i don't have enough time between marching band, jazz band, show band, First Edition Band, and Freshman concert band to do any of those :D BTW my dad is 6'7"
  15. I'm 6'2" and about 205.

I don't get asked if I play basketball, which I don't.
    I don't get asked if I play football, which I don't, either.
  16. notduane

Nov 24, 2000

cubit: noun Any of various ancient units of length based on
    the length of the forearm from the elbow to the tip of the
    middle finger.

Here's fun -

yeah, yeah 6'4", football, scarer of children and small animals.

CRAP! :mad: It's those damn villagers with their torches again.

Gotta go!
  17. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    I'm only 4' 25".
  18. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    I thought I was 5'6", but apparently, I'm a bit taller than that according to somone who was 5'6"(I looked DOWN to her). I'm guessing I'm around 5'9"....which is funny because all my friends tower above me. :(
  19. Ely

Jun 8, 2001
    Huntsville, AL
    I'm 5'10" or 5'11" I think, and somewhere between 160 and 170 lbs. I only get the "You should be a professional fighter or mass murderer" thing! :eek: :confused:
  20. Perhaps there should be metric conversions in the poll options for our continental-European, Asian, and Latin American friends. (Do we have any Africans on TB?)

FWIW, I'm 6'2", 175. I look pretty ripped from a distance--I have big shoulders--but when one gets up close he/she can see that I have no pecs, skinny arms, and pretty much no gut.