1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How to add a little grind and tubey goodness to a thunderfunk?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by anyonefortennis, Dec 13, 2006.

1. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    I love my t-funk but sometimes I find myself in need of a little grind for the occasional rush cover and what not...

I hear a few people just throw in a SansAmp BDI in front and that usually does the trick, anything else that has worked for anyone else?

How about the EBS microbass II and/or their new tube pre/overdive deal?

2. Kael

Kael

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    I've used a SABDDI myself in front of my TFB on those rare occasions that I've wanted a little grind. There are probably better options out there, but the SABDDI works fine for my purposes. Properly tweaked, the vast majority of your audience can't distinguish between light power tube overdrive and the pedal anyway. Might want to check over in the effects section for more suggestions too.

In the interest of full disclosure; I generally dislike grind in my tone. I am not what anyone would call a "grind conneseiur" (which is why I bought a thunderfunk in the first place).

3. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Ditto for me. I've used my Sanamp with my TFB to grind things up a bit (and warm it up a hair also), but as a general rule, I plug straight in...

4. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    DFW, Texas
    What about the Fulltone Bass Drive?

I haven't tried one yet, but I'm seriously thinking about it.