1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

How to add bass lines to Mp3

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by gazzatriumph, Dec 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. gazzatriumph

gazzatriumph

Sep 27, 2012
    England
    Hi all,

My cousin has emailed me a couple of songs on Mp3 he has done on acoustic guitar/vocals. He has asked me to put a bass line to them. I have very little knowledge of how to do this. I have Audacity downloaded on the my laptop and have used this previously to change pitch on songs I have had to learn. I have a TC electronics RH750 amp which has a digital out socket. What cable will I need to record on to Audacity, I have downloaded the Mp3 track to Audacity. My laptop is a HP Pavillion running Windows 10. Will I need to plug in to a USB socket or Mic/Headphone socket on laptop. Any other advice would be appreciated, cheers.

2. And I

And I

Feb 19, 2009
    Witchtown, MA
    you will need an audio interface of some sort. go with something cheap and simple to start.
    USB Audio Interfaces | Sweetwater

the digital out on the amp is not going to be helpful, really. i would use the bass direct into the audio interface or use an audio line out on the amp. digital inputs are not present on most entry-level cheap and simple audio interfaces.

i haven't used audacity, but you'll want to record onto a separate track and mix the signal from your bass in with the signal from the mp3, then mix it down to create a new mp3 that has it all.
    Tutorial - Multi-track Overdubbing - Audacity Manual

3. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

And I has you covered, OP! good luck with your project! :thumbsup: