1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How to add laptop drums?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by moosik, Mar 22, 2009.

1. moosik

moosik

Feb 8, 2009
    My young son has a BDEC 30.
    His teacher uses a Boss DR770 in the lessons.
    After exploring the BDEC, I came to the conclusion that I would want to have more variety of drum patterns. So I hooked a laptop into the AUX input of the amp.
    I am now looking for a SIMPLE drum machine software that would allow my to switch among common patterns (funk, swing, rock) and dial in the tempo quickly and easily.
    Much of the software I've seen is too complicated, and is geared for musicians to create and use their own loops. My son doesn't need to do it at this stage.
    So, can anyone please recommend a simple piece of software that comes with lots of pre-programmed common drum patterns?

Thanks

2. uaudio

uaudio

Apr 11, 2008
    Arizona
  3. ttyR2

ttyR2

Feb 23, 2003
    Athena, OR
    I'm not a musician but was still able to get some cool beats using DrumTrack, a free opensource program. Works slick.

4. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Band In a Box is the ultimate practice tool.
    It'll play the rest of the band parts not just drums.
    Some schools use it in their music technology courses.

5. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    +1