How to Behave in an Elevator!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MicceO, Sep 16, 2004.

1. MicceO

Aug 12, 2004
    I'm sure that most of you (if not all) have been in a situation where you are in an elevator, the doors are closed and you are ready to enjoy your trip. And then somebody from outside pushes the button, the doors open up again :eek: and the atmosphere is ruined. Happens to me all the time!

I think that's utmost irritating! :mad:

Pushing the button is quite ok if the door is half open and still acceptable if the gap is from 30 cm to 40 cm. Understandable but not acceptable if the gap is 20 cm or less. But definitely not acceptable or understandable if the doors are already closed. Then you just have to take the next elevator.

And still a couple of tips: hats off if there are ladies in the elevator, and don't touch up other peoples' butts! ;)
  2. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    You sound a little Seinfeld-esque.

I always like it when you get on the empty elevator & someone that may has gotten off a floor or two earlier has left behind an entity. everyone will assume it's your's.
  3. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    I like an empty elevator so I can finish my cigarette. :D
  4. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Didn't we just have a long elevator discussion just a few weeks ago?

brad cook
  5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

6. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    when i get into an elevator i like to stand in front of the door and face the rest of the passengers

then say something like "i suppose you're all wondering why i've called you here today..........."
  7. Akito

Dec 1, 2003
    The absolute worst elevator behavior is the common practice of crowding the elevator door while you are waiting for one to arrive and then rushing the still opening doors without giving anyone on the elevator a chance to step out. That really :mad: me off
  8. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ha, man, that was a damn good topic.

Great posts in there, check it out :D.
  9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Why do you have to take your hat off when a lady is in the elevator? You saying if another dude is in there you don't? Don't give me the courtesy/respectful cop-out answer. What is so disrespectful about leaving your hat on inside an elevator with a lady?

10. MicceO

Aug 12, 2004
    Pure selfishness! Ladies like that kind of little tricks, it doesn't cost us anything and by doing so ladies may be much more favourable to you! ;)
  11. Diowulf

Diowulf Guest

Aug 4, 2004
    San Rafael CA
    I guess it gets you chicks.
  12. MicceO

Aug 12, 2004

13. Atmosphere? I thought riding an elevator was just something to do between floors.

Next time ask the elevator etiquette offender(s) to show you their boarding pass. Then hit the close door button(or whatever it's called) when they don't produce them. But be polite! :D

14. Its really funny - I read this thread this morning, went to uni and what did I see? Schindler's Lifts driving in front of matter where you go, TB is still one step ahead of you.

15. How 'bout this: She takes her shirt off, then mebbe you can take off your hat? What till she makes the first move, tho. Otherwise things might get awkward. ;)

16. i love to leave a nice stinky one right as i'm leaving the elevator... if there's people in there, oh well, otherwise it gets nice and stale for the next guy. :cool:
  17. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I'm taking the stairs! :bag:
  18. bahaha. i'm gonna buy you a beer.
  19. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    I love to go in to a crowded elevator and leave a big fart before I leave... can really work up people's mornings/days! :D

20. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Hey, thanks buddy! This happened to me at my last condo. I walked into an empty elevator. The previous person had left it smelling pretty ripe! I rode down to the lobby. When the door opened, there was this real hot chick I had been trying to get to know better. She was waiting to get on. Needless to say, that kinda put the kibosh on that! :eyebrow: