Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How to bridge a Crest CA6?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by My bass in your, Jul 24, 2004.

1. My bass in your

My bass in your

Nov 1, 2003
    Holland
    Okay, just bought a second hand Crest CA6. Got a nice score. Good price for Euro standards. Now I want to know how I switch modes. Actually I don't need to bridge now, but I do want to set it to mono parallel mode.

It's an older version, so there's no switch on the back.

I found this jumper in the rear of the amp. Should I replace that in another position?

Thanks in advance,

Haico

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    By mono parallel I assume that you want to drive both channels with one input. DO NOT move that jumper. That jumper is on the output stage, not the input. Simply get a "Y" adapter and use it on the input side of the amp. I run two Crest V1500's in my PA, and they are both run with "Y" connectors.

To bridge your amp, there is probably a switch in the back to select bridge, then simply use a banana connector on the out put with the banana positive on the channel 1 or A RED out, and the negative side of the banana on the channel 2 or B RED out. Essentially, you will use both red outputs.

3. My bass in your

My bass in your

Nov 1, 2003
    Holland
    A "Y" connector, of course! :oops:
    Thank you ver much.

I can't see the swich for bridge. Not inside nor outside. Thanks for the tip though.

I seems like I'm going to check hoe Crest customer service is. :)