1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

How to bridge a Crest CA6?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by My bass in your, Jul 24, 2004.

1. My bass in your

My bass in your

Nov 1, 2003
    Holland
    Okay, just bought a second hand Crest CA6. Got a nice score. Good price for Euro standards. Now I want to know how I switch modes. Actually I don't need to bridge now, but I do want to set it to mono parallel mode.

It's an older version, so there's no switch on the back.

I found this jumper in the rear of the amp. Should I replace that in another position?

Thanks in advance,

Haico

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Stu L.

Stu L.

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    By mono parallel I assume that you want to drive both channels with one input. DO NOT move that jumper. That jumper is on the output stage, not the input. Simply get a "Y" adapter and use it on the input side of the amp. I run two Crest V1500's in my PA, and they are both run with "Y" connectors.

To bridge your amp, there is probably a switch in the back to select bridge, then simply use a banana connector on the out put with the banana positive on the channel 1 or A RED out, and the negative side of the banana on the channel 2 or B RED out. Essentially, you will use both red outputs.

3. My bass in your

My bass in your

Nov 1, 2003
    Holland
    A "Y" connector, of course! :oops:
    Thank you ver much.

I can't see the swich for bridge. Not inside nor outside. Thanks for the tip though.

I seems like I'm going to check hoe Crest customer service is. :)