1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

How To Build a Bass book.

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by The Sound of the Police, Sep 17, 2000.

1. I'm making a custom bass and I was wondering if anyone knew of any books that could be helpful. Something that would tell me how to do the electronics, attach the neck, bridge, action, intonation, etc. A "How to Build" bass would work or maybe a "Custom Shop" or "Repair" book. If anyone has any suggestions please tell me.

Thanks,

Kenan Sugar O'Brien

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Try Steward-MacDonald - they have some good tools and books for building a guitar/bass

http://www.stewmac.com/

3. Grobster1

Grobster1

Apr 12, 2010
    London (U.K.)
    Hi There,

I have sourced the parts and built about four basses now....consequently I have just put together an e-book which will show you all you need to know.....There is a sample chapter to download. Soon I will be launching a customers gallery and also an affiliate programme as well.....check it out...Hope it helps you......www.buildabass.com

Cheers

Grobster1

4. ZOMBIES!!!!!!!!!

5. WOW! Ten years! Must be a new TB record for "thread resurrection"!:eek: