1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

HOW TO BUILD?:Portable Bass/guitar Amp from scratch.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tomasjoelchacon, Mar 24, 2013.

1. tomasjoelchacon

tomasjoelchacon

Mar 24, 2013
    Hi folks form talkbass, I'm a newb here.

I've looked around alot online for advice on building a portable amp form scratch, and found... not much. Could you lovely people at talkbass please refer me to a tech guru, or give me some advice for making a portable, yes, I mean real small but not crappy small. maybe a 20-25 cm cube, howmany 9V batteries are required it could be powered with up to 36V or/and mains, I have a good quality whaferdale modus speaker 4 inch (10cm) speaker, 6 Ohms inpendance, that apparently can take 75W each (unbelievable), ok maybe not, 30W each is really good though. I am looking to have in the circuitry: bass/mid/treble EQ knobs, a drive/gain knob, master volume, and possibly a auxiliary input for MP3 players. I am making the cabinet myself, the speakers already come with some components and casing. all I need is the knowledge and tools&components, i know somethings about amps, I know that It's going to be a solid state amp, class D probably. I have a total of 4 of these cool speakers so I want to make the most of them. and yes I have a bass amp and guitar amp already, so all i want is the experience of making it, and a neat ultra PORTABLE amplifier, that I can take abroad and busk with, that can amplify both guitar and bass, but pricipaly bass of course

What are your thoughts?

Thanks a lot

tomas

2. I've looked around alot online for advice on building a portable amp form scratch, and found... not much. Could you lovely people at talkbass please refer me to a tech guru, or give me some advice for making a portable, yes, I mean real small but not crappy small. maybe a

20-25 cm cube, howmany 9V batteries are required it could be powered with up to 36V or/and mains, I have a good quality whaferdale modus speaker 4 inch (10cm) speaker, 6 Ohms inpendance, that apparently can take 75W each (unbelievable), ok maybe not, 30W each is really good though.

I am looking to have in the circuitry: bass/mid/treble EQ knobs, a drive/gain knob, master volume, and possibly a auxiliary input for MP3 players

. I am making the cabinet myself, the speakers already come with some components and casing. all I need is the knowledge and tools&components, i know somethings about amps, I know that It's going to be a solid state amp, class D probably. I have a total of 4 of these cool speakers so I want to make the most of them.

and yes I have a bass amp and guitar amp already, so all i want is the experience of making it, and a neat ultra PORTABLE amplifier, that I can take abroad and busk with, that can amplify both guitar and bass, but pricipaly bass of course

What are your thoughts?*

Thanks a lot

Organised paragraphs get organised replies. Put your wharfedales in a column, the better to go in a backpack, sansamp pedal, classD 12v mini amp, deepcycle battery.