Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How to cancel the fuzz on my Rockman Bass Ace ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by michaelsanford, Apr 8, 2004.

1. michaelsanford

michaelsanford Guest

Apr 4, 2004
    I've got active bass pickups and I notice that, with my Rockman Bass Ace, there's quite a lot of fuzz in my headphones. Well, a lot compared to my real amp at least.

Is there a band-pass filter I can put in-line with my headphones , or even build straight into the box (I'm relatively electronically savvy)? Any other recomendations?

EDIT : I only get fuzz with my headphones, it seems that when I plug my Bass Ace into my computger (via a Griffin iMic) it sounds almost totally clean...wierd.

2. Turn down the volume control on your bass, and turn up the volume knob on the Rockman. If that doesn't work, it's time for new batteries.

3. michaelsanford

michaelsanford Guest

Apr 4, 2004
    I rarely get the volume on my bass above, say 1/5 turn of the knob, and I just replaced the batteries (about 2 weeks ago), batteries in the rockman are new as of the post.

Maybe it's just bad luck, like I said it seems to work almost perfectly cleanly through a device other than a headphone; I guess I'll just tough it out for practicing.

Thanks for the replies !

4. marklinca

marklinca

Nov 11, 2003
    So Cal
    The Bass Ace is just plain noisy, though the computer versus headphones is an interesting observation.

I have a Fender Am Dlx J that is active with "noiseless" pickups and is very quiet. Through the Bass Ace, it doesn't add any more noise than exists before I plug the bass in (i.e. with just headphones plugged in) - even with the bass volume maxed.

My passive Hot Rod Precision is a different story - the J pup hum plus the Bass Ace Noise is almost unbearable, even for practice.

My solution will porbably be to step up to the Raven Labs or Cafe Walter headphone amps.

5. michaelsanford

michaelsanford Guest

Apr 4, 2004
    I figured it was "just plain noisy", and I assume there's some kind of noise cancellation on my USB interface, who knows.

Thanks for your obversations on other basses.