Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How to change nickname?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Dave Castelo, Jan 30, 2001.

1. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    hi fellow bassist...i need help changing my nickname.

how is that achieved? (i tried everything)
    Will I lose all my posts? (number)

any moderator help?

2. musical tastes changing eh? sorry i don't know... anybody?

3. yea what you need to do is not post for three weeks, then start your machine with a bootable floppy, your machine will come up to a prompt that says a:\ at this point type
    Format C:\ /q /autotest
    wait about ten minutes, this should clean all traces of tags that talkbass puts on your machine.
    at this point call the manufacturer of your computer and ask them how to restore your data.

i promise you this will allow you to create a new screen name, the only flaw is that you will not have the numbers you had when you were les claypool :D

4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    oh, gruff, that's cold!

5. ok ok i am sorry, i was on the island of misfits when i posted, let me post again now that i am in the gumdrop forest.
    hey les i was just kidding, i don't know how to change your screen name but the above tips i gave would allow you to become a new member, at the expense of a lot of work.
    let me close by repeating what i am sure all your friends tell you, don't go changing man, we like you just the way you are. :)

jeez i feel cleaner all ready.

6. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    so i type: Format C:\ /q /autotest
    and i´m done!!...that´s easy :rolleyes:

good one gruffpuppy, i know what it feels to post under influence of badass music jaja :)

ok i guess i´m stuck with this nickname for my entire life

maybe if I make some moderators mad...

no way! i´m kidding :D

7. so i type: Format C:\ /q /autotest
    and i´m done!!...that´s easy

yep you would be DONE, and i would be driven out with hate mail from the others when you finally got back, after they found out the evil that i had done.

hey at least you got a good screen name, it could be worse.

8. Why don't you go ask Paul? Now I know someone's done that before...

9. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I think that once you register, you're stuck with it.

Why do you want to change your handle? Les doesn't do it for you anymore?

Well, at least you didn't tatoo your girlfrien's name on your body or something like that...

Will C.:cool:

10. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

There is another way, but you will lose your count of posts. That may or may not be important to you.

Here's what you do. If you are on AOL or another server that allows you more than one screen name, set up another screen name and register under that. I have done it with Basso Ostinato, because I began to think Jason Oldsted was a lame screen name for here. The reason, however, I only posted a few times under BassoOstinato is that you have to sign on to your server with that new screen name and I had all my favorites marked under my regular screen name and received e-mail there too, so it got to be really inconveneientswitching back and forth. So I decided to just tough it out with my lame name Jason OLdsted.

jason oldsted

11. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    no it´s not that i hate this nickname...is just that is so obvious that i like primus and sometimes people discriminate...maybe if i change to John Entwistle...LOL

well have a safe day

12. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    I wish I could change my silly bloody name... I was getting called Yawnsie all the time back then, and about a week later when I started going to bed at a reasonable hour it stopped. Now I'm stuck with this sodding thing!