How to Coax a Neosoul Vibe from F1 2xAE112 Rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Scott McArron, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Yes! You're totally right. I'm a terrible perfectionist I have to admit. I've been through several Berg IP rigs trying to get that studio sound live and I just never found it. I got fed up and sold it all for a light weight versatile rig that will just give me a good live tone and that's easy to haul in n' out. And here I am again, trying to do the same thing. :rolleyes:

I gotta just chill, or I'll end up with 8 rigs on stage, one for each song that it's best suited for. Wouldn't that be great? Oh, I'll use the Millenia/Berg IP rig for this tune, and the DB750/410 for this one... :bassist: oh, and how's about the LMII/Epi for that other tune... :D:ninja: It can get really out of hand, if I let it! :scowl:

2. SteveMoodie

SteveMoodie

Oct 2, 2008
    New Zealand
    I couldn't get through every post so it may have already been suggested:
    Have you tried a good compressor? It will even out your sound - help with your mid and higher notes that you said were getting lost in the mix.

I have a LMII and I run it in various weird ways (I try thinking more of in terms ratios), but one which may work for you is to leave Low at 12 o'clock and put Low-Mid, High-Mid, High at about 10 o'clock. Then you could add some VLE if you feel you need it.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 2, 2021