1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

How to combine 2 lines into 1 for live distortion/FX blend?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by FretGrinder, Apr 25, 2001.

1. I had the idea i could use the "parallel out" on my Tech21 BDDI to feed a distortion/FX channel, and run my other pedals on this so i can blend wet & dry. However, my amp only has 1 input.

Is there an inexpensive & quiet way I can blend 2 channels together, and set their relative volumes? I have a volume pedal I could use for this if something like a Y-cable will work.

I don't know much about the advanced electronic concepts which might come into play - ie stuff about impedance matching, blah blah, but doing this as cheaply, versatilely (forgive my bad english) and tonefully as possible is my aim.

Also - does anyone know if the BDDI "parallel out" is effected by the BDDI? I don't have the manual with me (supposed to be doing some work).

Thanks in advance.

2. Here is the answer to your problem. I was running into the problem of using an effects processor and a sampler without wanting to degrade the signal. This is the conclusion I came to...
    http://bassnw.com/raven_labs_mdb1.htm

3. Hmmm - it's an interesting proposition, and i was aware of a similar piece of kit made by raven before i posted. However, at US$200 I can't help thinking there's gotta be a cheaper option ...

4. True but cheap cables and interfaces = bad sound quality

5. Solution - line out from sans amp --> danelectro --> 25w 12" combo with bum EQ'd out = clean signal unaffected and dirty over top . Will try it live and post results.