Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How to combine 2 lines into 1 for live distortion/FX blend?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by FretGrinder, Apr 25, 2001.

1. I had the idea i could use the "parallel out" on my Tech21 BDDI to feed a distortion/FX channel, and run my other pedals on this so i can blend wet & dry. However, my amp only has 1 input.

Is there an inexpensive & quiet way I can blend 2 channels together, and set their relative volumes? I have a volume pedal I could use for this if something like a Y-cable will work.

I don't know much about the advanced electronic concepts which might come into play - ie stuff about impedance matching, blah blah, but doing this as cheaply, versatilely (forgive my bad english) and tonefully as possible is my aim.

Also - does anyone know if the BDDI "parallel out" is effected by the BDDI? I don't have the manual with me (supposed to be doing some work).

Thanks in advance.

2. Here is the answer to your problem. I was running into the problem of using an effects processor and a sampler without wanting to degrade the signal. This is the conclusion I came to...
    http://bassnw.com/raven_labs_mdb1.htm

3. Hmmm - it's an interesting proposition, and i was aware of a similar piece of kit made by raven before i posted. However, at US$200 I can't help thinking there's gotta be a cheaper option ...

4. True but cheap cables and interfaces = bad sound quality

5. Solution - line out from sans amp --> danelectro --> 25w 12" combo with bum EQ'd out = clean signal unaffected and dirty over top . Will try it live and post results.