1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How to connect the guitar (bass) to the iPhone to practice with the iRealBook player?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bassrad, Oct 3, 2010.

1. bassrad

bassrad

Jan 14, 2005
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Hi,

Does anybody know if there is a possibility to connect the instrument to the iPhone and practice with the iRealBook play along through the headphones.

Thanks,

R.

2. DavidE

DavidE

Feb 7, 2010
    iRig

3. bassrad

bassrad

Jan 14, 2005
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Thanks, but would I still be able to hear the play along tracks from the iRealBook while hearing the bass?

4. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    Just use a small mixer, or the effects loop of your amp if you have one.

5. bassrad

bassrad

Jan 14, 2005
    Winnipeg, Canada
    What I am trying to do is minimize the practice set up and have a quiet practice through the headphones while my daughter is a sleep. Also I would like to know about this possibilities so I can pass it onto my students.

iRealBook player is great, way simpler than Band in a Box and allows me to go through the changes even input the original tunes which is super easy without recording the piano.

R.

6. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    The transposition of charts with midi playback is a great idea, a thing that realbook.us has been doing for years.

7. calebbarton

calebbarton

Aug 25, 2007
    Oregon
    I manufacture for several companies including but not limited to: Bridge City Sound, Catalinbread, more.
  8. bassrad

bassrad

Jan 14, 2005
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Thanks guys,

iRealBook is a mile apart from the realbook.us. The sampling is much better and you are able to edit end input the chords.

I am not sure if the iPhone can run two apps with audio output simultaneously.

I will look into the NSP tomorrow when I have more time.

R.