1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

How to contact US Music Corporation?!?!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by miketallica315, Jan 17, 2012.

1. miketallica315

miketallica315

Aug 16, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Hello all,
    Some time ago the rubber washer on my Warwick (it goes under the strap button to protect the finish) bass broke and fell off. Since then I have been trying to contact the people in charge of Warwick here in the US and have not even had the opportunity to speak with anyone. It tells me that the extension I am trying to reach is unavailable. It is really starting to piss me off. I can't play my Warwick 5 string until I get that part! Anybody else think that this new company is worthless????? I think I might try to order the part directly from Warwick in Germany, but I am hesitant because of the whole US dollar to Euro thing and how long it would take to get it to me here in the states.
    :spit::scowl::mad::crying:

2. Contact them by email. They should be able to point you in the right direction.

service@warwick.de

3. I needed some of the felt washers (stay with me here ) and I got a few from a TBer, but once they got here, I found that I can cut my own with a hole punch set I got at HF for a couple of bucks.

I've seen those rubber washers, and they really REALLY look like inner tube rubber in thinness and quality - so ----a tire tube and a couple of hole punches later you may not have to worry about the € to $ exchange rate.

4. KramerBassFan

KramerBassFan

Jan 3, 2009
    +1

Just get some felt... or a bit of cloth...... a pair of scissors.... super quick and easy. ;)

5. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    Just go to a good hardware store or a Home Depot, Lowes. They have felt & rubber washers of all sizes.

6. miketallica315

miketallica315

Aug 16, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    ***UPDATE***
    Today, after two weeks of calling, I finally spoke to a rep. I gave him the order number of the parts from the Warwick site and he had a few in stock. I ordered two of them. The relief I feel! To have them sent from Germany, the shipping alone was $77.00 that's crazy considering that the part I needed was $1.25! Nonetheless, the part was shipped out today, and shouldn't take long to get from Illinois to Toledo, OH

7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    See? With a "booteek" builder, you would've talked to them on the phone, and they would have sent you the parts for free, the same day. So did you actually pay the $77?

8. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    I've been trying to get a set of knobs for my Thumb 5 since 2006. Seriously. I found that the US distributor for Warwick is/was completely useless. Numerous emails and phone calls...each time actually speaking with someone who said they will ship them out right away. They never actually did. I finally gave up.

You can only call/email so many times for so many years before you're just done with them.

9. mmbongo

mmbongo Dilly Dilly! Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Why do people want to buy these simple everyday parts from Warwick when you can get them elsewhere for half the price? I understand if you need a control cavity cover or a bridge saddle...but knobs and felt washers?

10. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    I looked elsewhere and at the time I wasn't able to find stack concentric knobs that fit on those pot shafts, so that's probably why. I usually buy things elsewhere. I didn't pay anything for them! I never even got them. You'd think something so simple would have been exactly that...

Unfortunately because of this, they are now tainted in my book. If you can't sell me some knobs, how are you going to sell me a whole bass?

11. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I had even worse communication problems with Warwick USA. I gave them many chances and lots of slack, and I kept my cool... but they basically did not want my business, and they were very rude about it. So F them, permanently.

12. Mirios

Mirios

Dec 29, 2010
    Boise, Idaho
    Did you try contacting their old distributer to see if they had any lying around? Dana B. Goods Homepage! I picked up a fretless neck for my five string corvette pretty cheap from them. I know they still have other Warwick parts lying around too. I am with most others here and believe a DIY fix would have been the easiest fix.

13. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Just FYI,
    you can buy a pack of 10 of those strap button washers in felt (better in my opinion, wont dry out) from either any Fender dealer or on ebay for like $6-7 bucks.

14. Ha! Fender dealers, if they don't actually have the felt washers in stock by some mistake when they checked the wrong box one day, won't bother to even order them for you.

Been there - got peeved and never went back to them.

I just whack out my own now and I have a box of about 100 each of black and white.

15. miketallica315

miketallica315

Aug 16, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Glad to see I'm not the only one who has negative feelings here. No, I did not pay the 77 dollars for shipping. I finally reached the american peoples and I got 2 of them for about 8 dollars .