Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

how to date my ampeg 8x10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dhaworth, Feb 21, 2005.

1. dhaworth

dhaworth

Feb 21, 2005
    I'm trying to figure out when my ampeg 8x10 cabinet was made, can anyone help? It's got the bluish-silver grill, and four smaller casters on the bottom (no 2 big wheels with wedge/handle like the later models). The jack is just one 1/4" plug with a 4" metal circle around it, no text information. I'm thinking mid-late 60's. Any ideas on how I could get an approximate date on this thing? Thanks

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    dinner and a movie might be a good start. if you get it drunk you might get lucky. :D

3. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    Har har har... :D ;)

4. Th9nker

Th9nker

Mar 18, 2002
    how to date my ampeg 8x10

Well, a cab like that is more traditional, old-school if you will... So first you have to take it to a nice dinner... be sure to open the car door, offer to take its jacket, you know, a little chivalry... You can't just take it for a few beers and a clumsy romp on the couch… that’s for a made-in-Mexico SWR… no, not the Ampeg 8x10… ya gotta treat that lady right if you want to get something out of it….

Once again, I apologize for my horrible sense of humor…. :rollno:

5. Th9nker

Th9nker

Mar 18, 2002

damn, beat me to it.... must learn to type faster...