How to determine my model of Spector

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mitchpetel, Aug 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. mitchpetel

mitchpetel

Dec 15, 2009
    I have a neck thru late 80's (I think) Spector w Emgs. There's I number stamped on the cover for the control cavity. NS 5550. Anyone have a link I can use to research more about the specific model type and it's origins?

Thanks
    Pete

2. Looking up "Spector serial numbers" brought up a page with this...

International models generally have the serial number printed on the back of the headstock, apart from the models made in Korea in 1975 to 1985 (the Korean “Kramer Era”) and gloss white models. Gloss white basses will have the serial number printed on the control cavity cover.

Check the bridge for a number as well as the back of the headstock (may be illegible) and inside the control cavity.

3. Lammchop93

Lammchop93 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    Post a picture on here and someone will get you an answer very quick .

4. mitchpetel

mitchpetel

Dec 15, 2009
    Sorry to be back so late.... Here are some pics of my bass. Its a 3 piece neck thru. Active emg's, Spector locking bridge, plastic nut. No identifying numbers on the head stock, bridge, in the control cavity or anywhere else. Only number is stamped on the control cavity cover NS 5550. Checking Spector's site and model history, the best I could come up with is that its a Korean made NS-2A but they list them as having passive Hz pickup with active pre-amp. My p-ups are definitely active, maybe was modded. Any ideas. Thanks!!!

Attached Files:

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 25, 2021