1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

*** HOW TO double your single bass note with DELAY PEDAL for that Mechanical DRIVE***

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Pratty, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Pratty

Pratty

Oct 21, 2013
    Hi awesome bass players

I just wanted to know if its possible to wire up a pedal to repeat the single note of my bass when I play 50s rock n roll so the note repeats once only then cuts and repeats the second note?

Like as in I play C, E, G
    But the audience hears CC, EE, GG,

I just wanted to know if its possible?
    Thanks so much for taking the time to read my question
    Any thoughts or help is greatly appreciated, thankyou
    From Ben in Australia : )

2. Crater

Crater

Oct 12, 2011
    Dallas, TX area
    Turn the FEEDBACK control (might be called the REPEAT) control all the way down. Turn the LEVEL or MIX control up, set the DELAY setting to where you want it.

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    +1 Feedback to minimum will do it.

4. Pratty

Pratty

Oct 21, 2013
    Really? Wow that's fantastic thankyou guys?!! Geez I can't believe how fast you guys replied thanks so much!

So the feedback control is like a cut off for the delay sound and repeat yeah?
    I'm worried if I get one of these pedals the second note will overlap again onto the third? Is that what you guys do sometimes to get that clean double picking bass line? Do you know if I turn it to the right spot it will repeat once and once only for each note I play??

Sorry if that's a stupid question but I don't know much about pedals and effects

Thankyou again : )

5. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Most delay pedals have controls for the speed of the delay, and the amount of repeats. Just dial it in how you like.

6. Should work, most delays will provide this effect, called slapback echo.

7. Pratty

Pratty

Oct 21, 2013
    Thankyou guys I really appreciate you help, I went to the local guitar shop today and had a play with some delay pedals, the store owner wasnt as much help as you all on here so thanks again haha

my question is the delay sound itself sounds really "foggy" like its in a tunnel and really echo-ie could this be the cheapness of the pedal or something I'm leaving out?

The note from the bass sounds good but I don't have that same attack as the first note, pretty much what I mean is that you can tell there's a delay on because the echo is really like hearing your voice in a tunnel I managed to sort the time and rhythm but the tone or sound is what I'm trying to research at the moment now, thanks again everyone for taking the time to read my question and leaving any advice at all its greatly appreciated thankyou : )