Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

HOW TO: Exclude certain forums from 'new post' searches

Discussion in 'TalkBass.com News & Announcements' started by paul, Jan 20, 2006.

1. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Previously, (pre-upgrade) it was possible to exlude certain forums from a 'get new posts' search, by first subscribing to the forums, and then doing a "find new posts in subscribed forums" search.

This procedure has changed. Now, to exclude certain forums from a 'new posts' search, go to My TalkBass -> Edit Options (http://www.talkbass.com/forum/profile.php?do=editoptions) and at the bottom, you'll see a drop down list of forums - click on the ones you want to exclude from your searches ;)

2. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    This was working until this afternoon. Now, when I go to "Edit Options", the drop down list has disappeared. Here's all that's left of "Miscellaneous options":

Message Editor Interface
    When posting messages to the forums or other members, there are three interface types available to you. The simplest of these is a simple text box, while the last is a fully-fledged WYSIWYG editor, which allows you to format your text as you want it and see the results immediately.

Depending upon the capabilities of your web browser, you may not be able to use all of these options. If you experience problems when posting messages, try switching to a different interface type.
    Message Editor Interface:
    Forum Skin
    There is more than one skin in which you can view the forums. If you would like to switch to a different skin, select it from this list.

Please note that some forums here may override your skin choice temporarily.
    Forum Skin:

Where did the list go?

EDIT:OK, now it's back, and the search feature is working again. Weird...

3. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    Where's your messiah now Mr. Stapp!

4. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    Disregard my previous post. It's in the wrong window.

Though I do have a question about this can you sellect more than one forum that on the list? because ass soon as I click another it removes my previous choice.

5. paul

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Hold down the control key while you click multiple forums :)

6. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    Hi,

I can't find the Lobby forums in this exclude-list. I'd like to exclude the "new members welcome" forum from my new-post search.... not that I don't like new members or anything like that.

Is there a hoop I can jump through to make this happen?

thanks!

7. paul

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    I fixed some things, and the New Member forum should now be in the list.

8. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    Yes! Thank you! :)