1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How to find a replacement battery cover? (Dean bass)

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by PlayItAway, Jun 30, 2019.

1. PlayItAway

PlayItAway

Apr 24, 2014
    Hi all,

I have an old Dean Edge Q4 Bartolini, gifted by a friend who no longer wanted it. There are some issues with the electronics, specifically the battery area in general. The connector is completely shot and not even connected, so I need to buy a new connector and solder it on. Aside from that, the cover for the battery compartment is missing, and honestly I'm not sure that the other part (the part that is screwed into the body) is even intact.

Does anyone know how to find out what the model of this battery cover is, and how to go about getting it?

2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Probably easier to replace the entire battery box, honestly. Just find one that fits the same sized hole?

3. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    When in doubt, try deanguitars.com

4. PlayItAway

PlayItAway

Apr 24, 2014
    I'm down to replace it yeah... may just need to go and measure the hole.

Another issue I forgot to mention - the active jack is loose, and I can't get at it because it's one of those sealed-off jacks. Would it be better to get a new one, or route the cavity to fit a passive jack that can actually be handled properly?

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021