How to find out the date of my EB MusicMan

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Funkster, Nov 8, 2000.

1. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Hi all I was wondering if there was a way to find out the year of my ErnieBall MusicMan I believe it's a 90's model model but I'm just going by what the Musicstore said. This is the same store that said my RIC was a 90's model and it turned out to be a 84. Any help or info will be gladly appreciated!!!Thanx
  2. Normally there is a date sticker on the back of one of the pots. Just remove the back control plate and you should be able to see it. Of course this may have been removed.

You could try emailing EB with the Serial number on the bridge. I have always found them very helpful.

For a rough guide my '94 Stingray is No. 43470 and was one of the last models with string mutes.

Hope this helps,
  3. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I've also found Ernie Ball to be very helpful. I've got a '99 Stingray 5 that was made for an Ernie Ball employee (one of a kind, no pickguard and unusual pot layout) and they told me exactly when it was made and answered all my questions.
  4. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Thank you guy's very much!
  5. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    A long time ago, I had a Music Man Sabre, and although I didn't have it for a long time, I found out that it had its manufacturing date printed on the Butt of the neck, just like a Fender bass.

Will C.:cool: