1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How to find someone's address from their phone number?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by GeneralElectric, Oct 12, 2009.

1. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Well long story short, I was friend's with this chick for about 3 years now, and sort of became friends via association with her boyfriend since they've been dating for 2 years now. So back in late August I loaned him money to get his car fixed to the tune of 750 which I really don't have, but I wanted to help out a friend, even though I don't even have a place to live and sleep on my exgirlfriends couch until I have enough to rent an apartment.

With the promise of being paid back in a week, to a week and a half tops, I lent him the money with no strings attached. According to him, he got robbed, and has been "trying to raise money to pay me back."

So at the end of September he told me had 500 for me. But has been ignoring me. Now he has 300 for me.

Unfortunately, I don't know where he lives address wise. But I have his land line number where he lives with his mother. Any way to trace it to where he lives? I think he might have spent my money on drugs, so maybe his mother can give me whats owed. I dunno...

2. Google "reverse look-up". Usually a charge for the service.

Josh

3. DblG

DblG

Apr 27, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    I've used this one... pretty sure there's not a charge if the number is listed.

4. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Good luck with this one. I'm guessing you won't see that money. Chalk it up to a life lesson learned - never loan money to friends or family. It never works out.

5. playinpearls

playinpearls

Apr 1, 2008
    Atlanta
  6. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol

I sometimes give money to pals or friends.
    I never, never lend money because I'm likely to never see it back and will look like the bad guy when trying to recover it.

7. +1 here. Never loan money you aren't willing or able to give as a gift. That's ended many a friendship, sadly.

8. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I don't want to be the bad guy here, but my patience is running out. I told him my medical situation, so hopefully that's given him some incentive to pay me back. He's traveling from the end of Long Island to Manhattan on Thursday to drop off that $300 to me, and hopefully put some impetus on paying me back.

Thanks for the help here guys. I talked to him on the phone but he's kinda strung out it sounds, which leads me to believe he spent that $200 he had had for me on drugs, plus the money he's earned since then. If I can get the rest in $200 increments, I could care less about the other $50 bucks so long as I have the majority. :meh:

Like my parents always said: Neither a borrower or lender be.

9. Absentia

Absentia

Feb 25, 2009
    Dust off the old white pages off the top of the refrigerator?

Did you learn your lesson?

10. Never "lend" more than you can afford to "give" because it usually will not be returned.

11. just type the number into a google search. if it's a listed number, you will have a result.

12. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    IMHO just write it off. You will probably never see the cash anyway no matter what you do. Save you self a lot of frustration and call it a gift. However, if you ever see him again punch him in the stomach. :hyper:

13. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Use the google or other reverse lookup service, then take him to small claims court. That's the only way you'll see money.

14. the way the tread started, i thought this was some kind of stalker thread about the girl.:D

good luck on getting your money back. :meh:

15. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Especially if a drug habit is in the picture, your chances of getting your money back are pretty slim. Good luck.

16. i hate to admit to watching judge millian from time to time,but she does say that should you decide to loan money it is better to just give it to them instead.....if you need it back you cannot afford to lend

i wish i had a nickel for every time i've seen gratitude turn to venom when the borrower cannot or will not repay and attempts to save face by calling the lender a(n) (fill in blank)......to anyone who will listen.....i used to own some rental property and tenants late with rent used to trash me because i was perceived to have lots therefore i should just let them pay when and if they felt like it....

allowing people to take advantage of your good nature will not reward you with good vibes from most that you help...it is said that no good deed goes unpunished.....and where will you go if you need help down the road....i doubt that the guy thats ducking you will ever return the favor