Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How to find what year from Serial number? (Warwick)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Domino, Jan 15, 2001.

1. Domino

Domino

Dec 5, 2000
    I'm thinking of buying a used Warwick Corvette Proline, serial number E03069296. How can I find out what year it is based on that (the salesman didn't know what year it was).

Thanks

2. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    it was made in 96...the last two digits...

3. Domino

Domino

Dec 5, 2000
    Wow so this must be a unit from Germany right? Since the Prolines aren't being sold in the US until this year?

4. Domino

Domino

Dec 5, 2000
    I mean, I know they are ALL from Germany, but what I meant was this unit was owned in Germany? Or were there some distributed in the US?

5. virtual.ray

virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    Up until now,the Proline was not sold in the US.There's an announcement on the Home Page of Harmony Central today about this changing.BTW,I think the letter at the start of the serial number is the month,so your bass would date from May of 1996(E being the 5th letter=5th month of the year.)

6. cool mine ends with 00 i didn't even know Warwick was making basses in 1900

7. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    virtual.ray....yup...the letter corresponds to the month...

8. Domino

Domino

Dec 5, 2000
    So that's what I'm saying, this one must be one that was owned in Germany and someone bought it over here....right?

You're right this bass was made in May of 96. The Dana B. Goods rep just emailed me back about it.