How to fix inputs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pyrosquee, Oct 22, 2002.

1. pyrosquee

Apr 24, 2002
    As i posted earlier, my amp has been producing a crackling sound... most people that replyed said that it was my inputs that were screwed. so i think that i will try and fix them. But i need to know what to do to fix them or replace them:confused: .... any help would be appreciated!

2. K-Frog

Feb 6, 2002
    Camden, AR, USA
    I suggest that if you don't already know how to make the easiest of all repairs, take it to a pro.
    If you must attempt it, make sure the amp is unplugged before pulling the top off, or pulling the chassis out. You'll have to know how to solder well or it may be a waste of time. Bad solder joints don't sound toowell either.
  3. RobOtto

Aug 15, 2002
    Denton, TX
    I'd try just cleaning the inputs first. A little WD40 will go along ways towards clean contact points.

If that doesn't do it, then a good technician will replace inputs and clean up your amp for you for less than $50, and if your amp has a few years on it since the last service this might not be a bad idea anyway.

Little jobs like this are a good way to build a positive relationship with a local technician. A friendly technician might be more inclined to cut you a deal on any real issues that could come up in the future or he might let you in on any good deals that have come his way that he could not capatilize on.

Good luck.