1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

How to get a Warwick bass if you live in the US?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gabe7539, Feb 5, 2019.

1. somebrains

somebrains Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2017

Your memory is correct.
    Haight Ashbury Music carried Warwicks deeper than anyone else in the SF Bay Area.
    I used to run to the GCs in my area and they'd keep 6 floating around btw the 2 easiest for me to get to.

The mom and pops gave up sometime around the Fortress Masterman launch.

I know there was a lot of grumbling about Dana B Goods, don't remember specifically what it was, but the small shops weren't fans of basically being pushed to carry an extension of their catalog in their showrooms. Wasn't just Warwick.

Lesfunk likes this.
  2. Gabe7539

Gabe7539 Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2016
    I appreciate the responses, but again, I specifically said in my post I was looking for a dealership that sells Rockbass models OTHER than the basic standard. Guitar center, Sam ash, Sweetwater, and every link posted here lists either the GPS models or the single Rockbass 4-string basic corvette model. I was specifically looking for this model WARWICK Warwick RockBass Streamer LX, 4-String, Fretless - Solid Black High Polish, which is listed on the Thomann US website for $400 incl. shipping, yet Thomann cannot ship these to the US any longer (literally happened within last few months) and Warwick lists it on their website at 2x the price. See picture, last time I thought about getting a Warwick from Thomann I did not get this message. Warwick is now asking 1/2 the price of their 6 string GPS model I could have bought 3 months ago for a 4-string Made-in-China Rockbass.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  3. jeffb28451

jeffb28451 Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2006
    Leland NC
    Really. How much research did you do?

4. jeffb28451

jeffb28451 Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2006
    Leland NC
    I see that you had such a specific issue and I was unaware of the recent cessation of distribution .
    My apologies and good luck in your search.