Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How to get endorsed

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Lenko, Dec 5, 2003.

1. Lenko

Lenko

May 3, 2003
    Slovenia
    Hi everyone.:)
    Since there's a lot of pros on this forum I would like to know if anyone gets free products from any string company.
    What should I do? Sand some tapes and pics to string companies?
    Which one should I try at first? Smaller companies?
    Thanks for any info.:)

2. maxvalentino

maxvalentino Endorsing Artist Godin Guitars/ Thomastik-Infeld

First of...just to clarify things....you don't get endorsed by a company. You endorse a company's products, and as such are an "endorsee". They do not endorse you, it is just the opposite.

Secondly....nothing is free! I have several "endorsements" with companies, incl TI strings, and they do not just give away stuff. You may be able to purchase things at a special low price...or even trade for their use of your likeness and career in advertising their products...but nothing is ever, ever free.

You need to have something in your career profile which the comapny can use. i.e. you need to have a career in music and a fairly high level profile. As such, you may have the opportunity of doing promotional appearences or clinics for a company in which you demonstrate and ENDORSE that companies products.

Max