1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

how to get reinterested?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by yeahitsanibanez, May 11, 2010.

1. lately i have been hopping around gigging with a lot of people but for some reason I'm losing the enjoyment i had with it.
    i used to always want to jam now its almost like a chore to me.
    it may have a lot to do with my many unsuccessful attempts with getting a band going but who knows, any tips guys?

2. Find new people.

3. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Song Surgeon slow downer. https://tinyurl.com/y5dcuqjg
    Some people take a break for awhile.

Possibly focus on becoming a better musician rather than being in a band.

See if you can find a band that's lost their bass player.

4. go out and watch some bands from different genres.....ten minutes in,and you'll be itching to play....

5. Eminentbass

Eminentbass

Jun 7, 2006
    South Africa
    Endorsing Artist: Ashdown Amps and Sandberg Basses.
    +1 I will watch a band and be fighting the urge to play and itching to get home to my bass to try some lines I've heard that night. Sometimes a regular gig can feel like work and I'll go to an open mic night with a friend and play for the fun of it, not the pay at the end of the evening. In some cases I'll actually have more fun at a soundcheck purely because I'm jamming without wondering about audience response.

6. alright thanks for the help guys