1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. We are aware of an issue affecting search results for classifieds searches and advanced search functions.  Actively working on a fix, thanks for your patience!

How to get rid of background sound when recording on garage band with an irig 3

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Rian Chong, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Rian Chong

Rian Chong

May 18, 2020
    So I'm trying to record bass covers and I use garageband on my ipad pro but each time I plug in there is this background sound. Something like distorted feedback and while adjusting the noise gate gets rid of the sound when I'm not touching the bass, when I start playing again it comes back. So any advice on how to get rid of this issue?

I'm using a fender player series jazz bass and an Irig 2

2. Crater

Crater

Oct 12, 2011
    Dallas, TX area
    That sound is not "feedback", it's buzz or hum and it's caused by the jazz basses' single coil pickups picking up electrical interference. Jazz basses are notorious for this problem.

Potential solutions:
    1) Use a bass with hum cancelling pickups, like a Precision bass or a bass with humbucking pickups
    2) Improve the shielding of your jazz bass
    3) Move your recording area to a place with less electrical interference.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 21, 2021