How to get Sub tone?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by martyman5000, Feb 5, 2009.

1. I'm in a new band...the guitarist/computer programmer has given me a bunch of songs that have the bass and drums done with a program...I like one of the bass tones that is very sub toned...any way I can do something similar?

thanks.

2. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    Boss OC-2, into a good low-pass filter if you need more bottom.

3. Is that Boss OC-2 a "one trick pony" or good for other tones?

4. It does it's trick very well. For me it does two tricks on it's own- A super synthy single octave down, and a super funky single octave down+dry signal.

Pair it with other effects and it makes for a great base to do other cool tricks as well. For about $50 you can't go wrong. If you're trying not to break the bank, get the OC2 and an FX25b for under $100 and bring the house down!

5. Thankyou ....I did go look for reviews, yours was very helpful.

6. The Lurker

The Lurker

Aug 16, 2002
    Ankh-Morpork
    I love the OC-2, it's very versatile and tons of fun.

I also like the 2-octave down thing, because it's erratic and glitchy.

7. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    It makes one sound, but it's a great sound, and - it seems - it's the sound you want.

A band I play with sometimes has most of the bass parts done on synths on their recordings and I use just the OC-2 for a couple of their tunes where the bass is very deep and thick, you can hardly tell the difference.

8. JohnDavisNYC

JohnDavisNYC

Jan 11, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar, D'Addario
    dig it. oc2 in the house.

john

9. I've also recently started playing in a electronica type band and after messing with more expensive pedals I've found that the one pedal you need is the OC2. Its become the basis for almost every synth sound I use. Buy it, learn it and love it.

10. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    The digitech bass-synth-wah isn't bad if you're on a budget. It does synth sounds, filters and octave down effects. With some careful tweaking and eq'ing, I'm sure you could get close to the sound you have in mind.

11. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    The ampeg sub blaster can also do the job.

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 25, 2021