How to get that Fieldy sound

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Reemo_bassist, Dec 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just wondering does anybody know how Fieldy gets his kinda rattly bass sound?
    Any feedback would be appreciated, as my band is hoping to cover Freak on a Leash.

2. Dowtune your B string to an A, chop your mids and raise your highs and lows so that it form the "smiley face" eq. Then just slap the hell out of it. Also I hear he puts the recording mic right next to his bass so it picks up the "click" more. For a bit more detail do a search on it using the search icon at the top of the screen. This kind of thread has popped up alot and some people have gone a bit more indept. But I encourage you not to counter any of the "anti-fieldy" people that you will see alot. It just leads to big flame wars that we would like to do without.:)
  3. completely off topic, but, I don't think I understand your signature jband. Wanna ecplain to us ignerunt?:D
  4. ahhh... it's a quote from a song by Clutch. I've been meaning to go back and add that info, but couldn't find the song title... then forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me. I'll figure it out and add.
  5. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    1st, don't take lessons
    2nd. don't practice
  6. So what do you do? You CHANGE your sig. to something completely different :p.
  7. Wow only one anti-Fieldy remark so far... I don't know whether to be proud or scared?
  8. beermonkey

Sep 26, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    How to get Fieldy tone: Turn your 'SuCk KnOb' up to 11.

I just couldn't resist after reading the quoted bit... :D
  9. Intrepid

Oct 15, 2001
    This is hilarious....I kind of actually like Fieldys style....I'll go against the rIgHt....iTs ALL aBoUt FiEldY.....what the hell kind of name is that anyways....
  10. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    guys its really getting old. why do you come here? if its to be jerks than i think your in the wrong place. the kid asked a simple question, he didnt ask what you thought of fieldy. grow up a little bit. oh, Reemo_bassist if you can, turn up the volume of your tweeter too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.