Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

how to get the best out of my ergodyne

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xcental34x, Mar 13, 2003.

1. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I'm toying with the idea of selling my Ibanez EDC 705. But before I do, I want to make sure I really don't like the sound. So to help convince me otherwise, can someone please give me some ideas of how to mess with the equalier, set up, pickups, or anything to get a good rumbling, punchy sound good for metal of slap.

~Patrick

2. to get the best out of your ergodyne sell it and buy like a used warwick or spector...... thats all i have to say about it.... ibanez makes basses for people like fieldy(korn).... and all he does is drop tune it so it sounds like crap by itself and just sounds like a rythm piece for a drumset... lol just my opinion... plz dont hurt me
    :bassist: :bag: :bassist:

3. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    just mess with it a lot, there are lots of different things to play with....just set the EQ some way and play it....then change it....if you get a satisfying sound out of it, then it is fine.

4. Just PUNT!!!

You can trade it in for a lot better...

5. Sell it and get a better bass.

6. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I've decided I'm going to sell it. I've already got two other basses (Fender makes) that fit my punk playing style. I figure the Ibanez will do me better parted. I need some money to buy a new Goliath III. So now I have to take care of a few things before I sell it. I need to restring it and replace a knob. If I included a hardshell case, Dunlop straplocks and strap, and it is in great condition except some buckle scratches on the back and a few subtle scratches on the top front, how much could I get for it? I'm hoping for $450.

~Patrick