1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

How to get the best response to a repair question in this forum

Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by Chris Fitzgerald, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    To get the best possible advice here in DB Setup, especially when you need it fast, PLEASE POST AS MANY DETAILED PICTURES OF THE ISSUE AT HAND AS YOU CAN. Granted, not everything can be diagnosed through pictures, but they invariably help. If you don't post pictures of a specific repair question, do not be surprised if they are requested before any advice is given, and this may slow down your process.

2. Matthew Tucker

Matthew Tucker Commercial User

Aug 21, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Owner: Bresque Basses, Sydney Basses and Cellos
    yelclap. yelclap. yelclap. yelclap. yelclap. yelclap. yelclap. yelclap. yelclap. yelclap. yelclap. yelclap.

danceswithbass likes this.
  3. Dogghouse

Dogghouse

Jan 25, 2011
    Santa Barbara
    Bass Guy @ Seymour Duncan
    Can anybody personally recommend an upright set up expert from Los Angeles to maybe Ventura?
    Thanks!

4. Pieguy2000

Pieguy2000

Apr 17, 2009
    Hi Chris:

Just inadvertently posted a new thread.

Have MIA Deluxe 2004 Jazz Bass. Just died on me. Tested battery, pu's, and pots. They seem ok, get a reading on the meter.

How do I check the circuit board with the meter? Any other suggestions for testing appreciated.

Thanks,
    Pieguy

5. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Pie - this is the DB forum, and you posted your question in the BG forum. Be patient with the guys up there - it's Thanksgiving, after all. :)

6. rezyar

rezyar

Jul 21, 2011
    I've just recieved my long awaited musicman stingray. It was set up when it arrived, still abit of E string buzz. Took it to a second place and set it up to stingray specs, still buzz. Do I get a third opinion or maybe start thinking of contacting musicman.

7. Eric Hochberg

Eric Hochberg

Jul 7, 2004
    Chicago
    Send it back, buy a DB, and then post on this forum.

iamthebassplayr likes this.
  8. drurb

drurb Oracle, Ancient Order of Rass Hattur; Mem. #1, EPC

Apr 17, 2004
    ...but not in this thread. :)