How to keep my cat from going on the floor...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Trevorus, Nov 6, 2004.

1. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    How do I do it? The litter pan is clean, and she always finds a corner to go in. Drives me insane! Anyone got any ideas?
  2. My cat does the same thing from time to time.

I have no clue why they do it, and how to fix it.

But no matter how much they do or don't go where they are supposed, cat urine reeks.
  3. Put a litter box in every corner possible. :)

Hmmm... maybe if you put some sort of catnip in the litterbox it would seem a bit more attractive to the cat.
  4. Glue him to the ceiling.
  5. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Litter box(es) in corners? Some cats just like privacy....

My dog Queenie wont eat in front of us... if we give her a treat, she takes it and huddles in a corner, or goes to an empty room.
  6. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    actually if a cat has any blader issues, it can learn to associate the litter with the pain of going. Also, once the scent is there... it becomes a spot to go again in the future. Try using some Natures Miracle or other enzime cleaner. Keep the spot covered with some aluminum foil with holes in it (will be too weird for the cat to walk on and the holes let it breath and dry).
  7. ummm, Just get rid of the cat, that will solve any problems...Glad I could be of help.
  8. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    How is your old is your cat? My cat starting crapping on my bed when she got very old (13). Turns out her kidneys were failing and we had to put her down. :(
  9. DubDubs

Aug 23, 2004
    Los Angeles
    My cats have never crapped or urinated in the house. That's probably because they're well trained and are indoor/outdoor cats so when they need to go they go outside. The one thing that the cats do that annoys me is claw the carpet on my cab. There's places all over where the carpet is clawed and covered in hair there's another where the carpet is pulled up. I try to scare them with the cab so they are afraid of it. Problem is where they're afraid they like to claw their scratching post so if the scratcing post isn't near but my bass cab is they still scratch it.
  10. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Well, it's almost always #2. The other cat only goes #1, and that is only on backpacks or plastic bags or paper left on the floor. But how can I get her to quit going #2? I might try putting a privacy box around the litter pan.
  11. Here's somthing to remember.