Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How to lower action/string height Badass II

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by OneDrop76, Jul 22, 2005.

1. OneDrop76

OneDrop76

Jul 15, 2005
    Beltsville, MD
    I have an Ibanez RKB900, Not your typical Ibanez, it's a P/J style, comes with Basslines pickups, Badass II bridge, and hipshot tuners. This may be a stupid question, but how do I lower the string action? Truss Rod? Or do I have to actually lower the bridge itself somehow? I have read the thread that everyone refers to, but it does not say specifically how to lower the strings. The truss rod alan bolt on my bass is on the body, not at the nut. I know I can just take it to a tech and have them do it for $40 or whatever, but I'd like to have it done ASAP, as long as there's not much risk at screwing up my bass. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :eyebrow:

2. bannedwit

bannedwit

May 9, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Yeah I JUST NOTICED I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AS YOU and did a truss rod adjustment today.

I too have a badass bridge. Strign height was fine for me until my bass teacher set up my 6 stringer crazy low... Now the Fender is not playabe with my new standards...

All I did was first... Lower my string saddles on the Badass ABOUT as much as they go... I still left some room and angled them to contour with the neck.

Then i tightened the truss rod... Well i first loosened it and noticed my string height was NUTS! So I went back to where I was before and keept keeping track from there... I was suprised how much I needed to do it... I was a good half turn and maybe a little more or less from where I originally was.

Plays great now and is PERFECT. No fret buzz and low enough to tap away and play any style...

Truss rod will solve your problem with teh string action.